ForumsNewsSmall update on Google Calendar Syncing

Small update on Google Calendar Syncing
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Sep 20, 2021
Score: 6 Reference
Hi All!

I want to provide a quick update on Google Calendar two-way syncing.

We have heard from many of you that you are getting the error: "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app". We looked into this and found that it is due to the app needing to be verified with Google. So a couple weeks ago we kicked off the process and made some changes so the app is compatible with Google's latest requirements.

The good news is that we have received verification today that the app was approved! So hopefully this issue is fixed -- if you still see it, please let me know.

Second, we understand that the syncing frequency is an issue with some (most?) users! We did change this frequency to 5 mins rather than 15, but in order to make it instantaneous, we need to do some rework, which will take some time. So please be patient, we know this is an issue and will be working to improve this syncing (we don't want it to delay the new mobile apps).

That being said, please leave your suggestions here, or on the roapmap
wmmurray

Posted: Oct 17, 2021
Score: 0 Reference
I did not get an error but I am also not getting any response. There are no toodledo tasks showing up on google. There is only the one button and check mark (Success!) so I don't know what else to do. Is there a way to reset this procedure manually. I tried the one-way ics sync too and it didn't work for me either so I deleted it from google.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2021.
PamelaH

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Oct 18, 2021
Score: 1 Reference
You can reset the procedure by disconnecting the sync (Click on "Dont Sync Google Calendar" at https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_google.php) and then setting it up again.

Just to clarify, the way that the current sync works is that it will only add tasks that have a due date, and it adds them to a new Google calendar called "Toodledo". It also only syncs every 5 mins at the moment.

Hope that helps -- if you have more questions you can send us a support ticket for a quicker response.

Kind regards
-Pamela
Axel W.

Posted: Dec 23, 2021
Score: 1 Reference
Great to see and experience that the 2 way sync of Toodledo with GoogleCalendar is now working !

Putting in only a start date works as well as only a due date (and obviously start date and due date),
and the coloration is different in GoogleCalendar with and without the due date.

Very helpful.
Thank you so much, Pamela and team.

Axel
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.