ForumsNewsToodledo iPhone app updated to version 1.5.5

Toodledo iPhone app updated to version 1.5.5
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Our official iPhone app has been updated to version 1.5.5 with the following improvements.

* Smart tag picker allows you to pick existing tags from a list. No more typing them out by hand.
* The filter button will now show the number of tasks that are currently filtered out of the list.
* The badges that show the number of tasks in a list will now match the behavior on the website.
* Added an additional sound for push notifications (20 total).
* Fixed bug where chinese characters could appear at the top of an emailed task in rare situations.
* Fixed bug where repeating tasks that were not synced to the website, might have repeated incorrectly (off by 1 day), in certain timezones.
* Fixed bug where a sync wouldn't complete if you had tasks that were assigned to a goal that was archived on the website.
* Fixed bug where if you were using the Chinese regional settings, a time set between 12:00 and 12:59 PM would be saved as AM.
* Fixed bug where, in certain situations, the app might crash the next time you started it, if you had put the iPhone to sleep very quickly after adding a new task.

It make take a few hours for iTunes to refresh and display the update.
Alan

{Smart tag picker allows you to pick existing tags from a list. No more typing them out by hand.}

Can we hope for such an enhancement to the web interface???

This message was edited Nov 10, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Yes.

It is more important on the iPhone where typing is more difficult, but we do plan to add it to the website soon as well.
Andrew

Posted by Toodledo:

* Smart tag picker allows you to pick existing tags from a list. No more typing them out by hand.

New features like this are the kinds of things that turn me on. Great job.
Fred_1341415216

Posted: Nov 11, 2009
Ugh. Was excited about the update on the iPhone. Downloaded and installed it. Now all my tasks have disappeared - on the phone AND on toodledo.com. Please tell me they will come back. I have become very dependent on this tool!

Fred
peaston

I made an XML backup of my Toodledo data and updated the iPhone app. I opened the app, waited for the sync to complete and all the data was there. No issues at all. I'm not sure why Fred ran into the problem. I'm using an iPhone 3Gs if that helps.
Fred_1341415216

Oddly - about an hour ago - 25 tasks showed back up. Just now another 25 showed up. It's seemingly being restored 25 tasks at at time. Wonder what in the world is happeneing. You can bet I'll be using the XML backup from now on. Wish there was an option for an automatic nightly XML backup. The file could be auto-generated and emailed or even left on the site as a downloadable file within our account...
jzamoras

Posted by Fred:
Oddly - about an hour ago - 25 tasks showed back up. Just now another 25 showed up. It's seemingly being restored 25 tasks at at time. Wonder what in the world is happeneing. You can bet I'll be using the XML backup from now on. Wish there was an option for an automatic nightly XML backup. The file could be auto-generated and emailed or even left on the site as a downloadable file within our account...

nice idea!
Peter Scott

I use this simple Perl program in cron to keep a stamding backup (the .toodledorc file is used by the App::Toodledo module). Hope it formats okay.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;

use WWW::Mechanize;
use File::HomeDir;
use File::Slurp;

my $mech = WWW::Mechanize->new;
my $home = File::HomeDir->my_home;
local $_ = read_file( "$home/.toodledorc" ) or die "Can't open rc file: $!";
my $email = shift or die 'Usage';

my ($password) = /^password:\s+(.*)/m or die "Can't get password";

$mech->get( 'https://www.toodledo.com/signin.php' );
$mech->set_visible( $email, $password );
$mech->submit;
$mech->get( 'http://www.toodledo.com/xml.php' );
my $content = $mech->content;
my $s = substr $content, 0, 20;
$s =~ /^<xml>/i or die "Content doesn't look like XML, looks like $s";
length($content) > 10000
or die "Content looks too short (", length($content), " bytes)";
open my $fh, '>', "$home/.toodledo_backup"
or die "Saving file: $!\n";
print {$fh} $content;

This message was edited Nov 11, 2009.
Peter Scott

Love the update. When can we expect to be able to reassign tasks from the iPhone?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Fred, you should check your "recently deleted tasks" list to see why your tasks were deleted. I suspect a third-party sync app, like maybe the Outlook sync tool. This would explain why they were deleted and why they are coming back in batches of 25.
jiuyen

Posted by Toodledo:

I just updated (no data loss) and am so happy I could cry. Thank you for adding this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
For anyone who likes our update, please take a moment to rate and comment on our app in the iTunes app store. You can rate each update that we release, so even if you have rated us before, you can do it again.

It really really helps us to get good ratings.

Thanks
Vin Thomas

I promise you if you release an Android app I will give you 5 star rating ☺
Marc

Posted: Nov 12, 2009
Suggestion:

Get rid of the sillly iPhone spinny wheel to select dates and use a fullscreen Calendar like Appigo ToDo. This was the ONLY reason I selected ToDo over Toodledo's iPhone app as it is much more intutive to pick a date in the future from a calendar.

Thanks and I'll look for it in the next release and then make the switch. :)

Marc
Alan

Posted: Nov 12, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
Get rid of the sillly iPhone spinny wheel to select dates and use a fullscreen Calendar like Appigo ToDo. This was the ONLY reason I selected ToDo over Toodledo's iPhone app as it is much more intutive to pick a date in the future from a calendar.

YES! I completely agree. Todo also uses buttons for Today, Tomorrow, Next Week and None. Absolute time saver and much easier to work from a calendar.
thpope

Posted: Nov 16, 2009
I can't seem to get the push sound to change from the iphone's default text message tri-tone. Is anyone else having this problem?
frapilu

Any chance we could someday have the option to select a future-dated task by date? I know we can pick overdue, today and tomorrow but then it's by priority or whatever. I'd like to be able to see what tasks I scheduled say for January 15, 2010 in case I need to reschedule them for some reason.

Otherwise, I love Toodledo. It never occurred to go put another review after my first one but I'll do so as soon as I'm in a place with WiFi.

Thanks for such a wonderful product.
France
Jake

Toodledo Founder
thpope,

Thanks for mention this bug. After investigation, it appears that the "Beep Beep" sound was not being sent properly. The other sounds were working fine. It has been fixed, so the next reminder you receive should get the "Beep Beep" sound :)

frapilu,

Thanks for the suggestion.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2009.
Doug

Posted: Nov 19, 2009
Let me start by saying that this is the most used app on my iphone and I absolutely LOVE the way it works. I find myself looking forward to and getting excited about updates!!

Unfortunately, the most recent update changed the way the numbers (showing the number of tasks in each list) on the badges are populated. The number is now showing the TOTAL number of tasks in the list, rather than the filtered tasks. In other words, if a filter was applied to not show future tasks, the number on the badge didn't include them.

Is there a way for me to revert to the old functionality? Perhaps a configuration option for those of us who prefer it the old way.

Am I alone on this?

This message was edited Nov 19, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.