ForumsNewsBetter iCal importing (RTM importing)

Better iCal importing (RTM importing)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Today we have just improved our iCal importer, which is the primary way that people can import their tasks from our biggest competitor, Remember the Milk. If you are a former RTM user, or are planning to switch, it is now possible to import your tasks from RTM and retain almost all of the information. The only information that we can't import is the task's list (folder). RTM does not export this value, so the data isn't there to import.

More Info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help_rtm.php
Andrew

Posted: Dec 09, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
The only information that we can't import is the task's list (folder). RTM does not export this value, so the data isn't there to import.

Hmm. Then a workaround would be in RTM, selecting all the tasks in one folder, then putting the folder name in the way overused tags field via multi-edit. Then with all the tasks imported to Toodledo, just search for those specific tags and multi-edit again to sort them into folders.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 09, 2009
Good tip!
Alan

Posted: Dec 10, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Today we have just improved our iCal importer, which is the primary way that people can import their tasks from our biggest competitor, Remember the Milk.

Excellent marketing move!
brianpratt

Posted: Dec 15, 2009
Well, that did it. With the import improvements and the suggestion from Andrew, I finally made the switch! Bye-bye RTM!

By the way, the only thing that could have made this smoother would be a feature to delete a tag from the system (as mentioned here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3633/-19625/how-do-you-delete-tags.html).

I tagged my tasks with the folder names but when I wanted to remove them in Toodledo, I couldn't do it easily. I had to go through the individual tasks and delete the new funny tags manually (since I didn't want to blotto any other pre-existing tags).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.