ForumsNewsImprovements to adding tasks via Email and Twitter

Improvements to adding tasks via Email and Twitter
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
For those of you who use our Email Import or Twitter Import tools, we have made a few welcome improvements.

1) It is now possible to set the start-time of an added task, using the ^ symbol. Example: "New Task >today ^4:00pm"
2) It is now possible to set the repeat value of an added task, using the & symbol. Example: "New Task #today &Every week"
3) It is now possible to set the star on an added task, using the * symbol. Example: "New Task *"
4) It is now possible to set a reminder on an added task, using the : symbol. Example: "New Task #today :2days"
5) It is now possible to request a list of your starred tasks using the * symbol in a query. Example: "? *"

For a complete list of the special syntax used for these tools, please read here.

6) In addition, your "new task defaults" can now be used to fill in details for tasks added via email or twitter. To begin using this, go into your account settings, and edit the "New Task Defaults" setting. Click the checkbox to allow the defaults to be applied to emailed/tweeted tasks.

Enjoy!
jdew

Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the updates. Will it be possible to set folder defaults that ONLY apply to twitter and email soon?

For instance, I use twitter to update my Groceries list but rarely any other folder.

It would be great to just do:

d toodledo bread

rather than

d toodledo bread *Groceries

But, obviously, setting Groceries as my default folder wouldn't be to useful for general use...

Thanks!
John
Jake

Toodledo Founder
That kind of customization won't be possible right now.
Colin A

Posted by Toodledo:

6) In addition, your "new task defaults" can now be used to fill in details for tasks added via email or twitter. To begin using this, go into your account settings, and edit the "New Task Defaults" setting. Click the checkbox to allow the defaults to be applied to emailed/tweeted tasks.

Cool...now my Inbox folder will work in the way intended (rather than previously having to search for no folder)...thanks!
jdew

Posted by Toodledo:
That kind of customization won't be possible right now.

Oh well. Thanks for all your good work.
Alan

Posted: Apr 28, 2010
This is great! OK - for me, the obvious question is, when will you set up a quick task entry box that allows users to enter new tasks just by using these shortcut, instead of the usual form?

I'm referring to something very similar to what RTM does on its site.
Alan

Found a bug. Email a task to myself and don't set a start date. Start date is defaulting to Dec 31, 1969. I don't have a default start date set up in my account. I'll fill out a bug report.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the bug report. It has been fixed.
Alan

Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the bug report. It has been fixed.
Wo - that was FAST. Thanks Jake. Works perfectly now!
appleseed0323

Posted: Apr 30, 2010
I sent a direct message from twitter to toodledo
But that to-do doesn't show the right message
It become "Untitled" on my todo list

Is it a bug?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You probably sent it with an incorrect format because it couldn't find the title. Try putting the title first and then all the other fields at the end.
appleseed0323

I think I found the problem...
When I using english, it's ok
But when I using Chinese title, it become "Untitled"...

But it works fine until yesterday.

Posted by Toodledo:
You probably sent it with an incorrect format because it couldn't find the title. Try putting the title first and then all the other fields at the end.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I'll check on this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, I think I fixed the issue with Chinese titles. But as far as I can tell, its always been broken, not just from yesterday. So that is strange. But, in anycase it should be fixed now, hopefully.
appleseed0323

Sorry, it seems still show "Untitled".... :(
I use this function all the time
and I check the DM record
this problem started on 4/28

by the way, thank you for reply so fast!

Posted by Toodledo:
Ok, I think I fixed the issue with Chinese titles. But as far as I can tell, its always been broken, not just from yesterday. So that is strange. But, in anycase it should be fixed now, hopefully.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please open a support ticket? I have tested it a number of times, and it is working ok for me right now.
appleseed0323

Hi,

I test this problem again
It seems fixed

Thank you so much!

Posted by Toodledo:
Can you please open a support ticket? I have tested it a number of times, and it is working ok for me right now.
Alan

Posted: May 02, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Jake - any chance you will ever add a "quick entry" box, to any screen in Toodledo, to allow users to quickly enter tasks just like they would using email or Twitter? I find it so much faster to work that way.

If that could be ported to the Firefox and Gmail add-ons, it would be very efficient for users.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 02, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.