ForumsNewsNew action button and moving note icons

New action button and moving note icons
PeterW 

Posted: Jun 09, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by jfiala.prague:
Great update - thanks Toodledo! I am a multi-line user though and I have to admit that it would be handy to be able to distinguish ToDo's with and without a note to it on a first sight. Are you planning on implementing the note icon to the multi-line view as well?

I would actually prefer the grid view, but only if there was the option to put columns in a custom order... Would that be possible in the future as well?

I would also like to see the note icon on the main line of the multi-line view.

You can sort the order of columns in grid view. Simply clickon the second icon to the right of the word "Customize".

This message was edited Jun 09, 2010.
johannes.mueller

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:

So, we have made a new clickable icon near the checkbox and we have moved all the actions from the hover menu to this new location. This will make Toodledo function better on tablet computers and will make the actions in this popup menu more obvious and quicker to access.

Good that it is more obvious now. But i would prefer to have a simple interface. Can you offer a option in the account settings to have the popup menu again?
Boxin

Posted by johannes.mueller:

Good that it is more obvious now. But i would prefer to have a simple interface. Can you offer a option in the account settings to have the popup menu again?

Yes, in my case, I prefer the auto-hidden menu too.
Fred_Foote

Any chance that we could, in the near future, utilize a [command]+[delete task] after clicking the new clickable icon that looks like a lego block? My hope is that a [command]+[delete task] would allow us to skip the next dialogue box (a slightly annoying extra step) to confirm the deletion of the task. Don't know if I'm being too clear. Anyone else get this and agree? :)
Jerry

Posted by Jerry:
In my case it moves the notes icon AND the trash icon to the left. The addition of both icons is too wide for that column forcing the trash icon to another line, effectively making the list twice as long/half the number of tasks per screen.

Firefox 3.6.3 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Ticket created. Problem also happens at work on FF 3.6.3 XP SP2 32 bit.

It's even worse with IE 6 at work (yes I know but they're just now rolling out IE 7). They notes icon move OK but some or all of the due date is repeated on a 2nd line and the repeat, priority and trash icons are on a 3rd line. Since I don't use IE at work unless I absolutely have to I'm not going to waste my last remaining trouble ticket (free account) on this.
ctaylorjay

I like being able to move the note icon. But I don't like the lego icon - I never use those functions so it's just adding clutter to my screen. Is there a way I can hide this?
djembe1

I have the same problem as Jerry with the double-spacing (except I don't have the trash can displayed, so there is nothing on the second line). Also using FF 3.6.3. I created a ticket, including before and after screen shots.
jonathan

Posted by mdunning:
I have the same problem as Jerry with the double-spacing (except I don't have the trash can displayed, so there is nothing on the second line).

I'm getting this as well, which is a frustration. Using FF 3.6.3 or Safari 4.0.5 on Mac OS X 10.6.
eburnquist

Hi,

It seems that after the addition of the lego button, I am having a printing problem. I use a single line grid setting, but now each task is printed as two lines. The start icon and the hand icon are displayed in my printout, but the lego is not. I don't necessarily need to see the lego but I suspect that it's affecting the how pages print. Anyone else have this problem. I've duplicated the issue in FF and IE.

Thanks,
Eric
saskia.x

Posted by Boxin:
Posted by johannes.mueller:

Yes, in my case, I prefer the auto-hidden menu too.

I have to concur. I prefer to have as little visual clutter on the screen as possible and I found the "hover over checkbox" functionality perfectly usable.

However, I can see how it might not be obvious to new users and that there might problems with using such features on certain hardware. So I think the new "action button" is fine as a default setting but it would be nice for those of us who preferred the old behaviour to have an option in the settings to bring it back.
PeterW 

I'm ok with the new button (I've already commented in another thread) but based on this minor change, I can see that it is going to be a real minefield for Toodledo when they try to implement any major GUI overhaul! I hope this doesn't slow down some major changes.
garyo

Posted by jfiala.prague:
I would actually prefer the grid view, but only if there was the option to put columns in a custom order... Would that be possible in the future as well?

Already there, jfiala.prague. In grid view click the Customize icon (upper right, with the pencil) and drag the columns however you like them, in order and width.
jfiala.prague

Posted: Jun 10, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
[quote]Posted by jfiala.prague:
[quote]Great update - thanks Toodledo! I am a multi-line user though and I have to admit that it would be handy to be able to distinguish ToDo's with and without a note to it on a first sight. Are you planning on implementing the note icon to the multi-line view as well?

I would actually prefer the grid view, but only if there was the option to put columns in a custom order... Would that be possible in the future as well?[/quote]

I would also like to see the note icon on the main line of the multi-line view.

Posted by garyo:
[quote]Posted by jfiala.prague:
[quote]I would actually prefer the grid view, but only if there was the option to put columns in a custom order... Would that be possible in the future as well?[/quote]

Already there, jfiala.prague. In grid view click the Customize icon (upper right, with the pencil) and drag the columns however you like them, in order and width.[/quote]

Thanks guys - didn't notice before & now it works like a charm!
kentpavelka

Posted: Jun 12, 2010
This change is excellent. Also, my vote is to keep the lego box where it is. I use those options all the time...particuarly to clone tasks. It is an important part of how I get things done. Toodledo is the absolute best!
lite1

Posted: Jun 16, 2010
Thx; being able to locate Note icon on left is a huge time saver for me.
Qrystal

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
Love the click menu, though I still forget sometimes and hover instead.

There does seem to be a lot of stuff accumulating near the checkbox now... perhaps the menu can be set up to do more:

* an option in the menu to star the task, then the icon changes to have a star on it
* drag it to put a task as a subtask (and then change the icon for parent tasks to be a bigger block, 2x3 maybe, and a child to be 1x2)

Or if the block thing doesn't work out (let's not call it L-E-G-O in case copyright is an issue!) the next choice of icon could be designed to do all of the above. (I'm thinking simpler would be better, like a square with a downward-pointing arrow that would intuitively indicate a menu.)

I'm just throwing out ideas randomly, as they're coming to me, not because I dislike the change but because it has inspired me to see what more it can be. Excellent improvements again, as always, Toodledoers!
Joyce

Posted: Jun 24, 2010
Dunno if you can sensibly do this but, I don't much use the lego, can it be moved to the far right?
Willem-Jan

Posted: Sep 12, 2010
Bump

Seconding davemvasquez's request for an option to remove the "add a subtask" line, as it's redundant now and clutters overviews

Otherwise, keep up the good work
kleerkoat

Posted: Sep 14, 2010
can we get this in the multi-line format also?

thanks.
Allen

Posted: Sep 14, 2010
Posted by Willem-Jan:

Seconding davemvasquez's request for an option to remove the "add a subtask" line, as it's redundant now and clutters overviews

It's there temporarily while people get used to the Lego menu, but is confirmed to be going away

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7555/0/add-a-sub-task-link.html

This message was edited Sep 14, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.