ForumsNewsToodledo on the iPhone

Toodledo on the iPhone
rberube

Posted: Oct 21, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I second the vote to add Contacts and make it a intragal part of this app as posted by George earlier:

"You can setup in default contexts the words call and email and visit website or you can identify them if they are not in default and a user creates them. In that case a call task could be filled in in conjunction with the contacts app and when the user wants to complete the task he would be presented with the numbers from that contact and on tap of the chosen number the call would start. Respectively the same case would be for email and upon selection of the email from the selected contact the mail app would open. Lastly the visit website should save the link added as link and on tap would open safari."

Other iPhone apps such as SmartTime has already implemented this and in essence has created a smooth and quick way to enter info without typing on the keyboard. If this were integrated in Toodledo we would have the perfect app in my opinion.
Ben

Posted: Oct 21, 2008
In regards to the edit button...
I think it should work like the web page does. A task within the web page isn't editable until you select the field within the task that you want to change, and then that field becomes editable. No need to have the edit button.

But perhaps a new setting could be added, whether to show the edit button (and tasks are initially read-only) or be instantly editable.

Personally, I constantly try to tap on the fields when I open a task, before I realize I have to click the edit button.
rpee

Posted: Oct 22, 2008
I second this feature request...

Posted by David:

Links in notes - URLs in the note field appear as text and not clickable links. Please display URLs as clickable links.
mgd

Toodledo - Do you have any ETA on notebook support for the iphone app? Thanks and keep up the great work.
Nathan Howell

Score: -1 Reference
Like the clickable links, having phone numbers clickable (like in other apps) would be great.
Pal99

Can the nre app sync with outlook to do ?
I have been using the "online version" by sync it with the computer outlook, & sync it with iphone.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestions. We don't have any ETAs on new features, but we are working on them.

Thanks
george

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
Something weird happened today and I don't know if it was always there and appeared now or something is wrong.

I get an error msg on opening the app. The message is:
Sync Failed
Please go to your synchronization settings and login again. Error #1003.

I've always had the settings on "auto sync". When wi-fi was on it synced fine, when it was off it didn't sync and that message never appeared.

This happened today, meaning that it worked fine after the latest update, which is weird for this to appear after so many days.

Anyone else getting that?

thanks
George
george

ok, I played a bit more to test what the problem was and I found out that for no reason it had lost the login data, even though it was correctly entered. After connecting to wifi I was getting a different message with error code #1002. I re-entered my login data and everything was ok after that. Even without wifi I stopped getting that message with error code #1003.

I found out that the wifi connection was not working properly. It showed to be connected but nothing with wifi was playing correctly. After I fixed the wifi connection everything was ok. So this part of the problem with the wifi connection has nothing to do with toodledo I guess, but having to re-enter my login data I guess it has something to do with toodledo.
Maybe there are some rare cases with wifi not working properly to create an event for the account to be unrecognisable and then you would have to re-enter it?

Anyway I guess it was a flux (if that is the correct word for unlucky random event...my english have rusted a bit :P)

George
george

One other thing now that I see it happening from the 1st version that I installed the app.

I read in the forum all topics about recently completed tasks and the tasks older than 1 week need a pro account to appear and all made sense, but in the iPhone when I go to Recent, the Recently Completed number is 0 and when I enter Recently Completed is shows all tasks completed within the week (as intended).

So my suggestion is this. If the Recently Completed list is full of completed tasks then show their number in the Recent list. (maybe this is a bug?)

However, the most accurate solution and my suggestion for this would be to divide completed tasks in two parts.

- Completed Tasks: to be somewhere else than the Recent list and to show all the allowed completed tasks (last weeks for free users).

- Recently Completed: to be in the Recent list and to show the recently completed tasks like in the last 1 hour or in the last day (ideally to be customizable (from settings) from 1 hour to 1 day).

Thanks in advance
George
Nathan Howell

Posted: Oct 25, 2008
Another little iPhone app suggestion: hide empty fields when viewing an item. I find that I use different sets of fields for different things, so there is a lot of wasted space on the item screen and the notes field gets pushed way down. A more compact view would be nice.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
george

Posted: Oct 28, 2008
I reported a bug and I wanted to know if anyone else got this.

I edited a task and the only thing I did was to assign it to a folder. The folder field was empty and I just added the folder. The folder was created later than the task (I think).

The task was updated correctly except the part that it emptied the notes field (with 5 rows of text).

Nasty bug (if it is a bug)...losing notes is BAD!!!
Pal99

Posted: Oct 30, 2008
My notes(in the tasks) also "disappered" from the application from my iphone. I am not sure what update I did, possibly changed the due date, or priority ??

This message was edited Oct 30, 2008.
Sebastiaan

Hi, I like working in the folder structures. Would it be an option to fill the folder automatically for a new task in case you have got a folder opened?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the bug report. We'll look into this and get it fixed asap.
Pal99

Posted: Oct 31, 2008
Hi,
**Notes in the tasks**
I believe this may help you locating the bug:
Whenever, a task is edited in the iphone application,
the notes automatically get deleted!, UNLESS you scroll down
"see" the notes and then do the update, they will not disappear !.

Also, cannot "delete" the due date in the iphone application.
Cobrastyle

I'd like to second swgroot's request. Auto-filling fields would be a huge time saver.

I wouldn't mind asking that even the date default to "Today." It would skip a step for everything I want to do today. It wouldn't hurt anyone wanting to have a future date since they'll have to go in and change it anyway. Maybe that could be added to the settings or something.

Love the app by the way...
barry

+1 on auto fill of fields. This is easily the single biggest time waster for entering new tasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 01, 2008
Autofill will be in version 1.3 that we are beta testing right now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.