ForumsNewsToodledo on the iPhone

Toodledo on the iPhone
Brian

Posted: Mar 25, 2009
Score: -1 Reference
Recently started using Toodledo and love it! This has probably been suggested before, but could a feature be added to your iPhone app that links a task to a Contact (so for instance, a task is to call Joe, and a link to Joe's Contacts entry is one touch away)? (Ultimate Todos and Appigo's Todo offer this). Thanks!
RC-DC

Posted: Mar 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Another idea for conseration:

Add a 'Today' button to the "due date" area for quick reassigning of deadlines. Sometimes I let some tasks slip a few days, and reassigning it using a "today" button would be a lot quicker than scrolling through the wheel (which is nice). There appears to be real-estate available on this screen as well.

Just a thought. Still loving the app.
jmontana

Posted: Apr 02, 2009
I had two tasks with a due date of today, April 2nd. I synced. After the sync, the two tasks appear in Toodledo with a due date of April 2nd, but on the iPod they show up as April 1st.

Hopefully that's not an April Fool's joke. :)
Anders

Posted: Apr 02, 2009
Posted by jon.baumgartner:
I had two tasks with a due date of today, April 2nd. I synced. After the sync, the two tasks appear in Toodledo with a due date of April 2nd, but on the iPod they show up as April 1st.

Hopefully that's not an April Fool's joke. :)

Which iPod app are you using? There are several, and the official Toodledo app should not do what you are reporting. If you are using the 3rd-party app Ultimate Todos, it is an issue known to the developers, and an update fixing the date problems should be in the app store any day.
jmontana

Posted: Apr 03, 2009
Posted by anders_royce:

Which iPod app are you using? There are several, and the official Toodledo app should not do what you are reporting. If you are using the 3rd-party app Ultimate Todos, it is an issue known to the developers, and an update fixing the date problems should be in the app store any day.

Yep, Ultimate Todos. (I didn't even know there was an official Toodledo app!) Thanks, I'll look for the update.
Anders

Yes, there are 6 apps that sync with Toodledo tasks by my count, and another for the notebook. The official Toodledo app is just called "Toodledo". I really like Ultimate Todos myself, but if you can't wait for the fix (I couldn't), the Toodledo app is worth checking out, as are some of the other 3rd party apps. However, if you can put up with wrong dates for a bit, the UT developers told me they submitted an update on March 17th. So, unless the update was rejected by apple for some reason, it should be available shortly.
Brian

I too was waiting on the update of Ultimate Todo's, but it'd be good to know of other options. I know of these four iPhone apps that sync with Toodledo: Ultimate Todos, Toodledo for iPhone, Todo from Appigo, Pocket Informant. What are the other two? Thx.
Anders

Posted by bhoberman101:
I too was waiting on the update of Ultimate Todo's, but it'd be good to know of other options. I know of these four iPhone apps that sync with Toodledo: Ultimate Todos, Toodledo for iPhone, Todo from Appigo, Pocket Informant. What are the other two? Thx.

Well, you have the big four there. In addition there is Task PRO which is only one way sync for now, but the developers say full sync will come soon. The TP app looks awesome, and is the only one other than Toodledo that has subtasks currently. The other one I have seen is called MyTasks Light, but I just checked the app store, and although the name came up automatically, there was no entry so IDK, but it may have been taken off the appstore or something.

Edit: Also, there is an app called MyTasks in the appstore, but it is unrelated and does not sync or anything. I just didn't want anyone to be confused by my post and pick up that app thinking it would sync to Toodledo.

This message was edited Apr 03, 2009.
Brian

I did find MyTasks Light there but only one customer review was there, and it was one star, even though the app was released last September.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290622664&mt=8

What I like about Ultimate Todo's and Appigo's Todo is the ability to link tasks to Contacts. If Toodledo for iPhone offers that, it'll be perfect.
DLM_Support

Posted: Apr 06, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
After many months of hard work, we have finally completed our official Toodledo iPhone application. With this, you can synchronize all of your tasks to your iPhone and access them from anywhere, even when you don't have an internet connection. It incorporates most of the functionality that you have come to love from Toodledo.com including folders, contexts, goals, status, the hotlist, importance, stars and more.

For more information, read our iPhone page or download it from the App Store
Top 3

Posted: Apr 07, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I am considering getting the iPhone app. However, from the reviews it seems that it does not yet allow saved searches (created on the web site) to be accessible.

The "saved searches" feature has allowed me to customize the web version just the way I need it---so having my custom searches visible via the iPhone app is essential.

Are saved searches planned to be available on the iPhone app? Also, are they planned to be available in the Firefox plugin?

Thank You
Vin Thomas

I agree with Top 3, saved searches in the iphone app and the FF plugin would be AWESOME!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Saved search is on our to-do list for the iPhone. Thanks!
Eric

Posted: Apr 15, 2009
Instead of linking to contacts if you have a phone number in the title or notes it would be nice if it would allow you to make a call to that number. Linking contacts maybe would get to laborious
stan

Posted: Apr 16, 2009
Toodledo....Too many bugs to call usable!? Let me set someone straight who might be considering this app. I came across this jewel because of my iPhone purchase - but read about it in Mac-Life. What a beautiful job of making an app ideal on a phone! I almost prefer using it on my phone. BUT...whether I enter on my Mac or on my phone, it is virtually synched on my other device immediately! It's totally the best.

I can't wait to see what comes down the road. I haven;t experinced a single bug in my two months as a user.

Calendar: I would LOVE to see a calendar with functionality beyond display of tasks or to do's. For my main calendar I use NUDC (Now Software) and a little iCal for home too. I could easily see a Toodledo Calendar Pro being just what I need - should it be developed. For now, the Calendar seems to be merely a visual representation of tasks and their due dates.

I love this app! I want more.
Alan

Posted: Apr 17, 2009
OK, lots of improvements have been made to the web app and they are very much appreciated. When can we expect some improvement to the iPhone app?
Anders

Posted: Apr 17, 2009
Posted by Alan:
OK, lots of improvements have been made to the web app and they are very much appreciated. When can we expect some improvement to the iPhone app?

What is the best way to make feature requests (particularly on the iPhone app)? Is there a more formal route, or just the forums?
gretchen

Posted: Apr 18, 2009
I very much like Toodledo's iPhone/iPod app but I would love a few enhancements:

a) Two or three stage sorting just like on the web page.

b) The ability to make a sort setting "sticky" to a Goal or context -- for instance I'd like to sort my hotlist by Importance, but my Shopping list by Alphabetical. I'd like to be able to set each folder, context, goal, etc. to a sort setting and have it stay that way. (Perhaps with an option to set everything the same, or to defaults.)

c) Integration with contacts (other people have already mentioned this but I'd love it too.)
eclvvin

Calendar View

please, please, please = )

it's my preferred way of organizing my week.
Anders

Posted by synfusion:
Calendar View

please, please, please = )

it's my preferred way of organizing my week.

This would be great.

In the meantime, in case you are not aware, you can see all your time-specific tasks in the built in iPhone calendar by using the Toodledo iCal feed, and syncing it through google calendar or some other means. I do this, not as much for the view, but for the push notifications.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.