ForumsNewsToodledo on the iPhone

Toodledo on the iPhone
eclvvin

Posted: Apr 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by bhoberman101:
Recently started using Toodledo and love it! This has probably been suggested before, but could a feature be added to your iPhone app that links a task to a Contact (so for instance, a task is to call Joe, and a link to Joe's Contacts entry is one touch away)? (Ultimate Todos and Appigo's Todo offer this). Thanks!

I second that and hope we can link it to the Tag field so that multiple contacts can appear. I use my Tags to make sure I am setting aside time with everyone who is important to me. It also helps to know the human resources involved in the completion of a task that is delegated. That way when I speak with a particular contact about one task, I can also make sure there are no other tasks I need to review with them.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2009.
harry

Posted: May 02, 2009
Could someone please help me with a error #1002 sync problem. I haven't done anything new and all of a sudden my iPhone and my Toodledo no longer is syncing. I've tried re-entering my login information, but to no avail. Are other's experiencing this?
Anders

Posted: May 02, 2009
This seems to be affecting a small group of people with the app. Simply repeating your attempt to login seems to work for most of them. Look at these for more info:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1712/0/sync-problem-with-iphone.html
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1811/0/iphone-password-change-synchronization.html
And Toodledo's most recent response is here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1914/0/iphone-cant-login.html

This message was edited May 02, 2009.
ericflores

Posted: May 07, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Saved search is on our to-do list for the iPhone. Thanks!

This is excellent. The Saved Searches is the only way that I have been able to adapt Toodledo to my needs (90% GTD compliant). So, in order to being able to use my (already purchased) iPhone app I'll really need this functionality.
stevengcasson

Posted: May 08, 2009
Posted by harry:
Could someone please help me with a error #1002 sync problem. I haven't done anything new and all of a sudden my iPhone and my Toodledo no longer is syncing. I've tried re-entering my login information, but to no avail. Are other's experiencing this?

This has just happened to me (except I am not seeing an error code)- I now have reset the sync on my iphone in pocket informant wiping the local data and when I then sync none of my todos get onto the iphone from toodledo. The revolving sundial just rotates like something is happen but it isn't. Same on 3G and wifi. What's happening? Any fixes?

This message was edited May 08, 2009.
Anders

Posted by stevengcasson:
This has just happened to me (except I am not seeing an error code)- I now have reset the sync on my iphone in pocket informant wiping the local data and when I then sync none of my todos get onto the iphone from toodledo. The revolving sundial just rotates like something is happen but it isn't. Same on 3G and wifi. What's happening? Any fixes?

The problem you referenced from above is an issue that I believe is specific to the official Toodledo app, but I'm not sure. I haven't heard too much about problems syncing to Toodledo with PI. The only syncing issues I know about involve Google Calendar. I don't think it's a Toodledo issue, probably a PI issue. If I were you I'd check the WebIS forum: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showforum=61
If you don't find a solution, start a new thread. The developers seem to be on there pretty much daily. You could also start a support ticket with them. Their support is top notch.

This message was edited May 08, 2009.
coachmac

Sorry to be lazy.

While I can find how to use "contexts" with the Todo app (@) I can't find it on the Toodledo app.
Thanks for your help!
stevengcasson

Posted by Anders:
Posted by stevengcasson:

The problem you referenced from above is an issue that I believe is specific to the official Toodledo app, but I'm not sure. I haven't heard too much about problems syncing to Toodledo with PI. The only syncing issues I know about involve Google Calendar. I don't think it's a Toodledo issue, probably a PI issue. If I were you I'd check the WebIS forum: http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showforum=61
If you don't find a solution, start a new thread. The developers seem to be on there pretty much daily. You could also start a support ticket with them. Their support is top notch.

Thanks Anders - I got frustrated so de- and reinstalled PI and after going through configuration it is now working again. Seems to be as you say a PI issue.
Cheers.
coachmac

Posted by coach.mac:
Sorry to be lazy.

While I can find how to use "contexts" with the Todo app (@) I can't find it on the Toodledo app.
Thanks for your help!

Wonderful!

Posted by dan.devlin:
charlieblackmer - you rock! thanks. been looking for that option!

Posted: Dec 30, 2008

@rosena,
You can! Make sure the context field is selected on your iphone and away you go!. You can also use folders, and tags the same way.

Posted by rosena:
Thanks,

this app won't really be that useful to me until it can support contexts - I want to be able to click on "home" when I am at home to see what I should be doing.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by coach.mac:

From the main start page, you can access your context lists by tapping on "Contexts". If you don't see that, go to settings -> Fields & Defaults. Tap reorder, and drag context (along with any other fields you would like to use) up to the "Used" section. You can also sort your lists by context once this is done, and if you drag it into the first spot, it will always be shown (the second spot works too if you enable show additional details in general settings).
J

Posted: May 18, 2009
Just found and downloaded the ToodleDo for iPhone App. I've been using ToDo by Appigo up to this point.

There's a lot to love about this app, including the automatic syncing that works "in the background" (i.e., doesn't intefere with navigating around the App) and the various possible start pages.

One thing I miss from ToDo is the "Badging" of the icon to indicate the number of due or overdue tasks - I find that bright red reminder very motivating.

One thing I miss from the web side is nested search criteria. Specifically, Due Date then Alphabetically. To help me organize my day, I start each task with something like "A3: " or "C4: ". The A's are things to do upon waking up (workout), the D's are things to do on the way home from work, E's are things to do when I get home, etc. So sorting by due date and then task let's me organize each segment of my day and plow through what I need to get done. I would love to see this, at least as an option in the "All Tasks" view.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Anders

Posted: May 18, 2009
Posted by J:
One thing I miss from ToDo is the "Badging" of the icon to indicate the number of due or overdue tasks - I find that bright red reminder very motivating.

You can set up a badge number for the Toodledo app as well. Go to "Settings" in the app, and then to "Application Badge", then choose what you want the number to represent.

One thing I miss from the web side is nested search criteria. Specifically, Due Date then Alphabetically.

First of all, you are referring to nested sort criteria I believe. A lot of people want the Toodledo saved searches on the app, but they're not there yet. You cannot achieve the view you specified in the Toodledo app as far as I know, but you can have a choice of your second sort criterion. In the app Settings, the top field listed in Fields & Defaults is used to determine secondary sorting. Unfortunately, task name is not one of the fields you can rearrange. You can however have a sort like: first by name, then by due date by having due date as your top field, and then sorting by Alphabetical.

I workaround I would suggest is to move your letter number combinations (A1, E4, etc.) to the tag field, and make them the first tags (they are the ones that tasks are sorted by). Then if you put Tag as your top field in the app, when you sort by Due Date, you would get the view you want.

Another option would be to use Toodledo's Due Times to order tasks by the time of day you do them.

This message was edited May 18, 2009.
J

Posted: May 19, 2009
Posted by Anders:

You can set up a badge number for the Toodledo app as well. Go to "Settings" in the app, and then to "Application Badge", then choose what you want the number to represent.

[HomerSimpson] D'OH! [/HomerSimpson] Thanks - don't know why I didn't see that before.

Posted by Anders:

First of all, you are referring to nested sort criteria I believe. <snip> I workaround I would suggest is to move your letter number combinations (A1, E4, etc.) to the tag field, and make them the first tags (they are the ones that tasks are sorted by). Then if you put Tag as your top field in the app, when you sort by Due Date, you would get the view you want.

[ArtieJohnson] Verrryyyy Interesting. [/ArtieJohnson] I'll give that a try - that might do the trick.

However, Mister I-Have-An-Answer-For-Everything :-), how about this: there should be a sync button on almost every screen (perhaps just to the right of the "Home/Back/Whatever" button in the upper left corner. I often want to make sure that ToodleDo in the cloud has been updated from ToodleDo the App after I've made changes in the App. Right now, the various options (exit and come back in, or Navigate to Settings/Sync) seem a little cumbersome.

But in the meantime, I'm off to experiment with Tags. Thanks for the help (and the lightening fast response).

This message was edited May 19, 2009.
Anders

Posted by J:
However, Mister I-Have-An-Answer-For-Everything :-), how about this: there should be a sync button on almost every screen (perhaps just to the right of the "Home/Back/Whatever" button in the upper left corner.

I agree with this completely. I would love to see a sync button on every list page (at least on the main page, maybe even tap the Toodledo logo to sync), or some kind of true background sync (after any change). The syncs on opening & closing the app have never failed me AFAIK, but sometimes I want to be sure so I do one of the two overly laborious processes you mentioned.

@J:
BTW, love the Homer reference. Artie Johnson is a bit before my time I'm afraid, but I am aware of him. :)

J

Posted by Anders:
The syncs on opening & closing the app have never failed me AFAIK, but sometimes I want to be sure so I do one of the two overly laborious processes you mentioned.

I wasn't aware it auto-sync'ed on closing, since I didn't see a progress bar. That does lessen (but not remove) the need for the button.

Is there a user manual for the app? That way I could find things like closing sync and badging without having to waste anyone's time here.

Anders

Posted by J:
Is there a user manual for the app?

In the app: Settings->Documentation
john.andrew.white

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
Harry, I am having the same problem. Very frustrating. I have re-entered my password a dozen times, to no avail. I know it is correct b/c it works from my Mac.
Anders

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
John, check the links in my post below Harry's. It is a rare weird problem, and there are several things you can try to get it working.

~Anders
tundef

Posted: Jun 15, 2009
Posted by Anders:
This seems to be affecting a small group of people with the app. Simply repeating your attempt to login seems to work for most of them. Look at these for more info:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1712/0/sync-problem-with-iphone.html
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1811/0/iphone-password-change-synchronization.html
And Toodledo's most recent response is here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/1914/0/iphone-cant-login.html

I experienced this error when I was connected to the Internet (via Wi-Fi) but not authenticated i.e. I needed to username and password to successfully join the Wi-Fi network and access the web. Once I did this the error went away and the sync was successful.
Ben

Posted: Jun 17, 2009
Posted by Anders:

In the meantime, in case you are not aware, you can see all your time-specific tasks in the built in iPhone calendar by using the Toodledo iCal feed, and syncing it through google calendar or some other means. I do this, not as much for the view, but for the push notifications.

Anders, can you elaborate on this?
What do I need to do to get push notifications for Toodledo events?
I have an iphone and a gmail calendar with the webcal feed so that google calendar displays my Toodledo tasks.
But I don't see how I get the built-in iPhone calendar to display the events.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.