ForumsNewsiOS App Version 2.1.2 Released

iOS App Version 2.1.2 Released
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 06, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Our iPhone/iPad app has just received an update to version 2.1.2. This is an emergency bug fix for last week's update that had a bug which prevented the app from working properly for people who use non-english characters.

We are now hard at work on the next update which we are hoping to get out by Christmas. It will have speed improvements, optimizations and proximity alerts for when you are near a location with tasks that can be done.

We appreciate everyone's patience with this update. We realize that the last update wasn't stellar and we are working to improve our testing and quality control for the future.

App Store

This message was edited Dec 06, 2010.
bgreiner

Posted: Dec 07, 2010
Hello,

the non-english characters in the titles of the rubrics (tomorrow, etc.) are still not working for me... I use the german translation of the app with iOS 4.2.1 and iPhone 3G.

Regards

This message was edited Dec 07, 2010.
wendy.cheetham

I have noticed since the updates today and yesterday that the application on my Iphone 4 is very very slower. Slower than it used to be when opening folders and tasks. Is anyone else experiencing this. I hope that this is something to do with the program and that this is being worked on because I enjoy using this program on a daily basis.
paschion

Posted by Toodledo:
Our iPhone/iPad app has just received an update to version 2.1.2. This is an emergency bug fix for last week's update that had a bug which prevented the app from working properly for people who use non-english characters.
It is not fixed. The bug still "prevents" the app from working with non-english characters.

We appreciate everyone's patience with this update. We realize that the last update wasn't stellar and we are working to improve our testing and quality control for the future.
That's a joke, isn't it? The same bug is still there. The App. is still not usable in Germany.

adi_0803

Hello,

i downloaded the new update fix and its still not working, cant see the non-english characters on my ihpne and not also through the website its all gibrish. help?

Thanks
Cristian B

Hi guys,

As everyone else is saying, the app still doesn't display non-english characters correctly! I'm using the spanish localization of your app.

What did the update do?

Thank you!
Xxx_2

I had the same problem (portuguese characters) but the update solved: during the days with the bug I use only the web version of Toodledo, not the IPhone version, not syncs (I could only do this because I always have my laptop with me). Now, after updated to 2.1.1, I went to Settings and make an "Force Toodledo.com -> Device Sync" operation. The strange characters disappeared and is now working properly.
schickal

Posted by bgreiner:
Hello,

the non-english characters in the titles of the rubrics (tomorrow, etc.) are still not working for me... I use the german translation of the app with iOS 4.2.1 and iPhone 3G.

Regards

Sorry, but for me it works. Maybe try to re-install it completely
(iPhone 4, German translation)

Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
The 2.1.2 update should fix most of the character display problems. There is still a small lingering problem with the dividers on a to-do list having incorrect characters, but everything else should be ok. We will have the dividers fixed very shortly.

If any of your tasks are still showing incorrect characters, it is because you edited or added them with the broken version of our app and those characters are permanently broken. You can either manually correct the tasks that this applies to, or you can purge all the data out of the app and then resync it from the website. If you need assistance with these steps, please open a support ticket so that we can help with each individual case personally.
twangus

Posted by Toodledo:
We are now hard at work on the next update which we are hoping to get out by Christmas. It will have speed improvements, optimizations and proximity alerts for when you are near a location with tasks that can be done.

It's been over two years now since Toodledo said that "smart folders" (i.e., saved searches) were scheduled to be added to iPhone app. Is there any hope of this feature getting added any time soon? I spend about 99% of my time on the Toodledo website in the search section, and I have my saved searches finely tuned to give me exactly the information I need when I need it. Implementing these smart folders in the iPhone app would make it infinitely more productive.

There's no need for a fancy UI on the iPhone for creating these searches (at least not yet). All we would need is a switch in the Settings to have our saved searches on the website show up as smart folders on the phone.

Anyway, I know you are busy with bug fixes and other updates, but I've been waiting patiently for this feature for two years and was just wondering if there is still hope for it to be added...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Saved searches is at the top of our list, next to collaboration and file attachments. We are working on it, but don't have an ETA.
Javier

Hi,

it works fine in Spanish. The wrong characters are now right.

I think that although there were some complaints about the update problem, people really think you do a great work. At least I do.

Thank you.
adi_0803

nope still doesnt work for me :( maybe it is becuase i synced my tasks with the website ? is there a way to see the tasks though the web site ??? right now most of my tasks are shown in gibrish through the web and through the iphone
nystrom.lasse

It works for me (Swedish ÅÄÖåäö), thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you are still having problems with characters please create a support ticket so that we can help on an individual basis.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 08, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Saved searches is at the top of our list, next to collaboration and file attachments. We are working on it, but don't have an ETA.

I hope that means selected Saved Searches, complete with Sort criteria, that can be the default View. If so, that will make me very happy.

In any case, thanks for keeping your momentum going. Will keep me coming back!
J

Posted: Dec 12, 2010
Still seeing a bug on my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2.1) that I originally reported in the in 2.1.1 update thread.

That bug is that sometimes, when I check-off a task on the iPhone, and that task is set to repeat daily from completion date, it skips a day. For example, I just checked off my "PC backup" task. On the iPhone, instead of creating a task for tomorrow, 12/13, it created the new task for the day after tomorrow, 12/14.

Could the iPhone be using the UTC date (where it is already tomorrow) as the base date for the recurrence calculation?

Edit: I'll have to check that tomorrow morning, but it appears to be a definite possibility - I just had a similar "repeat daily from completion date" task schedule for the 14th instead of the 13th.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2010.
lbraun

Posted: Dec 12, 2010
I also have an issue with the date, possibly related to the use of UTC.

I just upgraded to 2.1.2 on my iPhone, after syncing to website to prevent any potential data loss. Now when I look at a task details (on the iphone), it says "added on Dec 12, 2010" even though the task was on my iphone for weeks.

Also, it says "Modified on Dec 13, 2010" even though it's only Dec 12th, here on the east coast -- and the correct current date is displayed on my iPhone.
J

Posted: Dec 13, 2010
Additional info. I noticed that the tasks were set to repeat "Every 1 days" instead of "Daily". So I changed them to Daily to see if that made a difference. It did not - the "Daily" task I just checked off on my iPhone (@ 11:00pm CST on 12/12) rescheduled to 12/14. And it set itself back to the advanced "Every 1 days" option.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 13, 2010
We have so far been unable to replicate these timezone problems. Can you please check you make sure that your timezone on this website is set correctly and then create a support ticket so that we can look into your account and try to reproduce this.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.