ForumsNewsSharing Improvements

Sharing Improvements
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 07, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
Today we are releasing some small fixes and improvements for collaboration. We still have a lot of work to do, but this lays the foundation for future work.

1) The sharing setup page has been redesigned and simplified. For clarity, we have split "people sharing with me" and "people I am sharing with" into two sections with clear instructions for each. To establish sharing with someone, you no longer need to type in their user code. Instead you just enter their email address which will send them an invitation that they can accept or decline. If they don't yet have a Toodledo account, it will prompt them to create one.

2) When viewing a collaborator's list, the numbers in the tabs that show the number of tasks inside will now correctly reflect the number of tasks that you have permission to view.

3) When viewing a collaborator's list in certain situations, a piece of data may have appeared to be editable, when it wasn't because you didn't have permission. This has been fixed.

4) In some situations, it was possible for someone to continue to share their tasks even after their Pro subscription had expired. This has been fixed.

5) Previously, if you had shared a specific folder with someone and then later made that folder private, it would have still been shared with that person unless you specifically went into the sharing setup page and unshared it. This has been fixed so that making a folder private will automatically stop sharing it with everyone.

6) When viewing a collaborator's list, it will now use your preferences (not theirs) for the following account settings: color theme, tab counts on/off, keyboard shortcuts, week starting on Monday/Sunday
Luis Arg

Posted: Jan 07, 2011
Score: -1 Reference
I have my colleagues in contexts , not in folders. Please make one to one sharing available for contexts too. Regards!!!!
Davide.Salomoni

Posted: Jan 11, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
My colleagues are listed in tags, so I'd like to be able to share tasks on tags as well.
JCarl

Posted: Jan 12, 2011
Our company is having difficulty with the new email invite feature. Multiple users are sending out sharing requests, the Toodledo Pro Plus subscribers are getting the email but the invitation does not show up in their Toodledo account. Any suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 12, 2011
We have just fixed a bug that was causing the invitations to not appear if capital letters were used in the email address.

It is fixed now, but any invitations that were previously sent with capital letters in the email address will need to be resent. For the record, there are only 5 invitations that this applies to.
JCarl

Posted: Jan 13, 2011
As you move to improved collaboration features would please allow "file linking" instead of just file upload as this allows attached files to be dynmically updated. I understand the at links will be back to the server of the person linking but in a corporate collaboration group sharing the server this allows a much better system than re-uploading a file everytime it changes. For users outside of the access to the server I would bet you could have Microsoft Sharepoint Cloud version. I know a number of project management packages that are allowing linking to maintain the dynamic nature of file changes.

Thanks
ebright

Posted: Jan 18, 2011
Not sure if this has already been suggested, but what I'm looking for is a way to assign and track tasks to other team members. I want them to be able to add notes and mark complete or status updates, but otherwise have no edit/delete ability. Is something like this in the works?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Yes, this is in the works.
JCarl

Posted: Jan 21, 2011
On sharing it would be great to be able to assign a task and still keep it on your ME list showing who you assigned it to. When it leaves the Me list you have to look through all the people you have made assignments to. Am I missing something or is this a future upgrade?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 22, 2011
You arent missing anything. This is planned for a future update.
bglasscoe

Posted: Mar 09, 2011
Posted by ebright:
Not sure if this has already been suggested, but what I'm looking for is a way to assign and track tasks to other team members. I want them to be able to add notes and mark complete or status updates, but otherwise have no edit/delete ability. Is something like this in the works?

I see that this is in the works which is terrific news! Any idea of a timeline for it though? Like a month away or 6 months away? Just trying to decide if it is worth investing a lot of time setting things up a different way when my ideal solution might actually be on its way very soon.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2011
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
afburke

Posted: Apr 02, 2011
I am sure this has been answered in some way or another...but the last search result I could find was for something in 2009...my apologies if I missed the latest update on this.

I am a heavy user of custom searches and would love to be able to filter this within the iphone/ipad. What's the status on being able to have the app filter display by custom searches?

Thanks!
rusbry

Posted: Jun 06, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
And Collaboration functionality on the IPAD/Iphione client would make it MUCH more usefull. I do 95% of my toodledo stuff on the ipad!
Adhocracy

Posted: Jun 08, 2011
iPhone App Question

I often add phone numbers to tasks on my iPhone. Typically the iPhone picks up on phone numbers and hyperlinks them to place a call. This doesn't seem to happen to phone numbers in the Toodledo app. Is this a possibility?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 08, 2011
Phone numbers inside notes will be linkable.
cgober

Posted: Jul 08, 2011
Please ADD sharing to the iPad app (I only see it on the main app)
georgia_1309363018

Posted: Jul 10, 2011
I agree, please add sharing to the iphone/ipad apps or the ability to have separate calendars be built off of folders/contexts/tags.

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
neilatl

Posted: Jul 13, 2011
I like the ability to have buttons that allow a task alarm to "snooze" for a defined period of time would be very helpful. For example, I enjoyed the ability to snooze a task for 5 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours. I think this would be a nice addition to your outstanding product.

In regard to the requested enhancement to Toodledo for task delegation, here is an example that may prove to be of use as you consider this enhancement:

Due Date: <Date task is due> Due Time: <Time task is due>

<DROP DOWN MENUS>
Priority: <Wishlist, Low, Normal, High, Critical>
Status: <Summary, Not Started, Evaluation, Next Action, In Progress, Waiting, On Hold, Near Completion, Done>

Delegate: Not Delegated, <Drop-down list with delgate name options from address book>

Delegate Due Date: <Date that task is due from delegate>
Time: <Time that task is due from delegate>

Task: <Text of task description>
Chars Left:

Alert 1 <Three Separate Task Alert Options>
Alert 2
Alert 3

** Once task is completed, delegate information is selected, the the "Done" button would automatically email the task assigned to the delegate for completion.

Thanks again for your consideration and I hope this example helps to explain one method for integrating delegates and delegated tasks to your software.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.