ForumsQuestionsDue Date Filter

Due Date Filter
tomjedrz

Posted: Dec 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have found the "Total Workday Control using Microsoft Outlook" methodology to be the best for me. I use it very effectively in the office with Outlook, but want to use the web and the iPhone as well.

In TWC, the "Due Date" is the operative date. The primary work view in Outlook is set to filter out any tasks due after today.
1a- Tasks can be moved to a future date, and ignored until they appear again.
1b- Tasks with NO DATE are "master tasks". They are kept on the task list and visited weekly.

I need a filter -- hide tasks with a due date > today *or* with no due date. This particular filter does *NOT* appear to be available in ToodleDo.

There are some straight-forward solutions available in ToodleDo, using notebooks and folders, but they will not synch with Outlook. The "start date" is not a great solution, because Outlook's start date functionality is kind of strange. I would ditch Outlook entirely, except the task/email integration is phenomenal and save me loads of time.

Any thoughts?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 05, 2008
Have you tried making a saved search with your criteria in it? This should work.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
tomjedrz

Posted: Dec 07, 2008
This might just fill the bill .. I will try it out next week. It is not an ideal version, because there is not (that I could see) a way to save different sorts for different saves searches. One saved search (TODAY) is tasks due before tomorrow and after 1/1/08 (to exclude no due dates).. that one I like by priority and due date. Another is AGENDAS, due before 1/1/08 and priority = high, that should be sorted alpha.

Is there a trial (or return ability) for the iPhone version?

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2008
We currently do not have a trial version of our app, and Apple does not allow returns. Sorry.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.