ForumsQuestionsMarkdown Support

Markdown Support
Ben M. Thomas

Posted: Jul 20, 2011
Score: 14 Reference
I currently use markdown formatting in my notes when appropriate. It would be fantastic if Toodledo supported HTML rendering in the website. I found two other requests for markdown support in the forums, but the posts can be easily over looked in the threads.

While I realize it's not necessary, as markdown is designed to be readable as plain text, it would certainly compliment Toodledo's capabilities nicely. :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2011
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
martin.hyett

Posted: Aug 22, 2011
Score: 3 Reference
I was just reading up on Markdown and thought it would be ideal for Toodledo notes. And I've found that it's already been suggested!

It would be so much easier to write notes in Markdown so I'm glad it's on the list. Not every piece of syntax needs supporting, at least not right away :-)

Thanks for your continued efforts with Toodledo.
eykanal

Posted: Aug 24, 2011
Score: 2 Reference
For what it's worth, I think this is an excellent idea, for both the Notes section of the website, as well as for the notes that can be attached to each to-do.
Anton Viesel

Posted: Oct 06, 2011
Likewise, would be keen to see Markdown support, thank you.
johnwin

Posted: Oct 10, 2011
+1
stevemeister

Posted: Oct 11, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
+1
chris.peressotti_1...

Posted: Dec 13, 2011
+1!
marix

Posted: Jan 09, 2012
+1
thepaj

Posted: Jan 09, 2012
+1
marix

Posted: Jan 28, 2012
I hacked a User-Javascript which adds Markdown support to the Notebook section. Sadly I havent been able to get anything working for the nodes attached to each task, so feel free to contribute if you have any idea.

DISCLAIMER: As the script modifies the page it may brake the page on any improvment to the page performed by Toodledo or by any browser change. Therefore I highly recommend not to try it unless you have a working Toodledo backup strategy and trying it on some dummy notes first. In case of errors first try visiting Toodledo with the script disabled.

Hoping not to violate any terms, here is the link: https://github.com/theMarix/Toodledo-Markdown
thepaj

Posted: Jan 28, 2012
@marix

Thank you for your effort. I have tried your script on Firefox 9.0.1 on Ubuntu, and it doesn't seem to do anything. It could of course be me - never used greasemonkey before.

Maybe someone else will try it with FF.
marix

Posted: Feb 14, 2012
@thapaj Thanks for the bug report. I updated the script and it now works in Firefox (tested on 10.0). Be aware of the known issues when testing.
jmatjac

Posted: Aug 09, 2012
+1 on Markdown formatting for notes display

Multimarkdown seems to be overkill for web display. With note contents available via API, a local software client could process a note formatted in Multimarkdown into various destination formats, while the subset of features included in Markdown would still translate into HTML within the web interface.
handymental

Posted: Nov 09, 2012
+1 for Markdown support.

To maintain backward compatibility of existing notebook, one may consider to have the option turn on note basis and allow enable/disable it globally in settings.
daniellink

Posted: Feb 11, 2013
Jake, some time has past since your last post. Can you say when Markdown will be available?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 11, 2013
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.