ForumsQuestionsGoogle Calendar events visible in Toodledo

Google Calendar events visible in Toodledo
Folke X

Posted: Sep 27, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am sure this must have been mentioned somewhere in the past, but I would like to underline it:

It would be really super-great if it were possible to see Google Calendar events in Toodledo (preferrably with some graphical indication that the task is a GCal event).

I currently sync the other way round, but I do not quite like it. GCal (being a calendar) gets all cluttered with all the tiny check-off tasks that are due each day. Also, GCal obviously cannot show dateless tasks, so it is impossible to even dream of using GCal as the main interface.

Therefore, and for many other reasons, I use Toodledo as my main interface, my main point of reference, and I like Toodledo a lot. Unfortunately, though, I therefore sometimes forget to even look at GCal, which is disaster ...

It would be perfect to continue to use GCal as an appointment schedule, because it gives a good graphical overview and for other reasons, but to use Toodledo as the main compound checklist for everything I need to do today - both tasks and GCal events.

The important thing is to be able to SEE the GCal events in Toodledo; it is not even nearly as important (not very important at all) to be able to enter them via Toodledo.

This message was edited Sep 27, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 27, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
Folke X

Posted: Oct 23, 2011
I just want to let everybody know - I don't know why I missed this before - that there is a workaround to this:

I have activated the default reminder emails from Google Calendar. I have set the time interval to 15 hours, which is a compromise thats suits me fine for now. (You also need to activate email reception here in Toodledo)

Events will turn up prefixed with the word Reminder, and the date/time is in the Notes only, but still I find it useful. 15 hours warning is usually enough, and it is not all that much work to manually enter the date/time (if I want to - but my hotlist is done in such a way that these events turn up anyway).

The main thing is it does not matter anymore if I forget to look at my Google Calendar. If an event was planned more than 15 hours ago I automatically get it into Toodledo in time; and if it was less I tend to remember these anyway or I can enter them in both systems if I want to feel really safe.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.