ForumsQuestionsSupport..? Hello..?!

Support..? Hello..?!
Scott Florack

Posted: Jan 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I asked support a question over a week ago, and no response.. Considering my question was really sales oriented, I figured someone there would have interest in responding.

Bueller..?
Jeremy

Posted: Jan 30, 2009
Don't take it personal, they're busy people.
Scott Florack

Posted: Jan 31, 2009
You contend that a company is not answering a question related to purchasing their product or service because they're "too busy"?

I hope you're not considering a job in advertising or PR.

I've been trying to decide between Milk and Toodledo, yet being ignored is making the decision that much easier. Overall, I prefer Toodledo, but if they're too busy to answer emails I'll take my business elsewhere.
Jeremy

Yes, I am contending that. Its a limiting rule of business. The point where product quality and service meets customer expectation to the level of a sustainable profitability is by definition a viable business model.

Customers like yourself may fall outside of that expectation range and go elsewhere. That is a good thing as it keeps limited resources focused on the ones that are happy. You have a certain level of expectation that is not being met and so you are considering going elsewhere to get your expectations met. Either way a product or service cannot capture 100% of customers.

The Toodledo business model offers significant customization, features, self-help areas, and community (this message board) based help at a more than a fair price. It does not offer 1-800 help lines, 24 hour customer care, or guaranteed response to questions or requests. The amount of money exchanged for this service could never support this.

Also, not posting a support based question that could be answered by someone on this board is wasting everyone's time including your own. I wouldn't respond to you on the basis that you would never be satisfied with the level of support that I could offer. Toodledo is looking for a user group of self-sufficient customers. What is your support question?

As for your comparison between Milk and Toodledo. Search the message boards for 'Milk' and you will find scores of users that used Milk and found Toodledo to be superior in function. I would focus your decision based on the product as is today without support.

This message was edited Jan 31, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am sorry that we have not gotten to your question. As we mentioned elsewhere in these forums, we are moving to a bigger office right now, so we have gotten about 4 days behind in our correspondence. We usually try to get back to everyone within 24, and we hope to catch up and return to this once we get settled.

Since you say that you asked your question a week ago, and we are only 4 days behind, we must have missed your question or maybe you didn't see our reply. Can you please post your question again.

Thanks
Scott Florack

I think you're being a bit of a sensationalist. I've never stated nor expected 24 customer service or 1-800 hotlines. I *do* however have the expectation that a company supports the communication channel that they've put in place (in this case - email), and provide a response in a reasonable amount of time. As a potential customer it's not abnormal to be concerned that had my question been more vital (all my tasks disappeared, for example) no one would be around to hear it.

The answer that Toodledo gave on their own behalf is excusable justification. And unless you're a Toodledo employee, I'd let them provide guidance on their business model -- something you probably can't honestly answer without having any more knowledge than the rest of us.
gui

sflorak:

Man, chill!

Toodledo people have been more than gracious with you than anyone else would expect. You are just causing or trying to cause problems. They are too nice to tell you but I am not: take your business to RTM and you will spend more for a mediocre solution. Or, go for this solution and obtain the best there is. That simple!

If you must think things over for less than $20 (iPhone solution included) I pity your realtor
Jeremy

That's fair, I'm just giving you some observations based what I see. You assumptions and observations are just as valuable as mine. No need to belittle mine.

It is reasonable to think you should get a response. I guess I would check the boards first. There is a lot of info that is available to fix your problem without making Toodledo look bad in the process (like they're not responsive). I have found them to be incredibly responsive. I'm sure that someone has had the same problem that you have had and the solution is posted on the boards.
Scott Florack

Posted by gui:
sflorak:

Man, chill!

Toodledo people have been more than gracious with you than anyone else would expect. You are just causing or trying to cause problems. They are too nice to tell you but I am not: take your business to RTM and you will spend more for a mediocre solution. Or, go for this solution and obtain the best there is. That simple!

If you must think things over for less than $20 (iPhone solution included) I pity your realtor

Not yelling at anyone. Even Jeremy wasn't offended (it would seem) by my comments, so there is no reason to chill here.

I don't understand how you feel Toodledo has been gracious when they haven't answered my support request...? I also don't understand how I'm trying to cause problems by asking if support was around. (They answered, and I'm fine with their answer.)

No reason to start trolling into a thread that doesn't involve you. I have no problems with Jeremy -- I appreciate his take on things, I was only asking if he was qualified to answer on behalf of another entity.
Scott Florack

Posted by Jeremy:
That's fair, I'm just giving you some observations based what I see. You assumptions and observations are just as valuable as mine. No need to belittle mine.

It is reasonable to think you should get a response. I guess I would check the boards first. There is a lot of info that is available to fix your problem without making Toodledo look bad in the process (like they're not responsive). I have found them to be incredibly responsive. I'm sure that someone has had the same problem that you have had and the solution is posted on the boards.

Certainly not belitteling; I apologize if you took it that way. But if I were Toodledo (or any other company that was being represented by an outsider) I'd be wiery of other's answering on my behalf, that's all.

I did a search in the forums for the question I asked of support and was unable to find a solution. I'm sure Toodledo will take care of me in due time.

Thanks for the help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 02, 2009
This has gotten off-topic so I am going to lock it. Sflorack, I can't seem to find your original question. Did you email it, post it in our forums, or make a support ticket? If you could please make a support ticket again, we'll be sure to answer your question.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.