ForumsQuestionsOut of Synch

Out of Synch
jeffsa1

Posted: Jan 30, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I'm running TD on a MacBook and IPhone4.
Completed transactions keep appearing on my IPhone.
I've just synched both devices several times and they are still on the Iphone only.
Any suggestions?

This message was edited Jan 30, 2012.
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 30, 2012
When you say "running TD on your Macbook" do you mean accessing the website via a browser?

If so, then the only device that is syncing is your iPhone - it syncs with the website. Or are you running another app on your Macbook that syncs with the TD website?
jeffsa1

Posted: Jan 31, 2012
Both my Mac and IPhone access the website. So how can they be out of synch??
Purveyor

How are you accessing Toodledo on your iPhone? If you are using an iPhone app, which app are you using?
Or, are you accessing the Toodledo website through Safari?
jeffsa1

I'm using the TD Iphone App.
Whenever I enter test entries on either my Mac or Iphone they seem to appear correctly as soon as the other device connects to the website.
But then there are tasks that appear correctly on my Iphone but are nowhere to be found on my Mac, even after both devices connect to the website.
Purveyor

Okay, we're closer ...

1. You add a task on your iPhone, through the Toodledo app. Are you then syncing manually or do you have the Setting "Sync on Edit"?

2. You then go to your Mac and you access the Toodledo website through a browser, probably Safari, right? But, you can't see the task that you added in step #1. Can you see it in Main, Recently Added?

Just to clarify: When you say that the tasks are "nowhere to be found on my Mac", the Toodledo data isn't on your Mac. Or, are you using Appigo's Todo Desktop?

This message was edited Jan 31, 2012.
jeffsa1

1. I synch manually.
2. TD uses FireFox 9.0.1.
I dont use Appigos desktop.
I seldom create tasks on my Iphone. I may modify or mark them completed by usually not created there.
I haven't been able to find a pattern of which tasks are out of synch. But it seems like they were older, some repeating tasks created on my Mac. When I saw them on the Iphone I searched and tried all the views but they didn't appear on the Mac, even after connecting both devices to the website. They only appearred n the Iphone.
I'm not sure what I did but after awhile of trying all the views "completed", etc, closing the page, etc. somehow they appeared on the Mac.
Purveyor

Does the completed task show up in Main, Recently Completed?

I think that you are just filtering out completed tasks.
Take a look at this Help topic: How do filters work?".
jeffsa1

One example, last week I saw on my Iphone several tasks that I hadn't been seeing on my Mac. inlcuding one: a task showing I was due to schedule a semi annual doctors appointment.
I tried to find it on my Mac but couldnt, not with search, or under completed or recently modified, etc

I appreciate your help. It seems like there isnt an easy answer for this and I dont want to bother you further.

If the problem recurs I'll take notes and ask for help again.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Its hard to tell at this point, but it may be that the iPhone is out of sync. You can use these steps to fix it : http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=76
PeterW 

One other quick way to check if you're out of sync is compare the task count that you see for "All Tasks" on both your Mac and iPhone. Are they the same?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.