ForumsQuestionsEscape characters in e-mail syntax, please?

Escape characters in e-mail syntax, please?
ed1chandler

Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hello,

I haven't seen a post on this since early last year, but I'd still love to see an escape character included in the e-mail import syntax so that having the "special characters" in what you intend to be the task's name don't get misinterpreted.

e.g. An e-mail title of "Pick up Milk & Eggs!!" becomes "High" priority task named "Pick up Milk" (the "&" expects a repeat value but doesn't find one and the "Eggs" is simply dropped.

It seems as though you ought to be able to implement something as simple as allowing the intended name of the task to be enclosed in quotation marks, tick marks, or something so that it's interpreted as a literal, not as a special character.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 24, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
lech

Posted: May 08, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I'm using a sign to distinguish tasks with a note (alas, multi-line display does not show icons :( ). I simply add a hash in the beginning of the task name, i.e. # Some task. Since Toodledo interprets this special character when put in an email, I use the following instead:

\# Some task

It's not a perfect solution, but it works for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.