ForumsQuestionsNotifications on Shared Tasks

Notifications on Shared Tasks
sthaddix

Posted: Jun 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
How do we set up notifications so when a collaborator completes a task, the person who assigned that task can be notified? This is an important component of a shared GTD tool.

Steve
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 29, 2012
From the Tools menu, select "Collaboration" then click on "Activity Log" and you can sign up for alerts there.
labyriiin

Posted: Jul 13, 2012
Is it correct that the log and the e-mail notification there is some time lag? (I see about 2 hours?) Is there a way to see it right away, via e-mail or via push in the app? Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 13, 2012
It is not currently possible to see it right away. We decided to send updates in batches. This way, if someone edits a dozen tasks you get one summary email instead of a dozen emails, which would be annoying.
RostaR

Posted: Jul 14, 2012
to me this is very good feature. I am using it regularly so I found some things that would help (at least to me:-)

- would it be possible to group all activity entries related to one task and collapse/expand them?

- would it be possible to add "clear entry" tickbox to each row in order to allow to clear up the unnecessary mess?

Thanks, ros
daniel_h

Posted: Jul 14, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
It is not currently possible to see it right away. We decided to send updates in batches. This way, if someone edits a dozen tasks you get one summary email instead of a dozen emails, which would be annoying.

While that might be annoying to some, it would be comforting to others (like me!). If I am waiting to to something that is dependent on my assistant completing another task, then it is much more helpful for me to get timely notice that the task is complete than either 1) waiting up to 2 hours to get the collaboration email, or 2) checking the task list repeatedly to see if the task has been completed.

many sites (forums, new lists, etc.) allow the user to choose immediate notice or batch notice. this would be nice for Toodledo...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 15, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. We will think about this for a future update.
daniel_h

Posted: Oct 16, 2012
Toodledo - I have a task that was completed by a collaborator yesterday afternoon at approximately 2PM. I did not receive a notification until 7 AM this morning - 17 hours later!! Is this the way it is supposed to work?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
No, it should arrive sooner. Please check your timezone to make sure it is accurate. It may be a bug. I will look into it.
daniel_h

Posted by Jake:
No, it should arrive sooner. Please check your timezone to make sure it is accurate. It may be a bug.

time is correct in my settings...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It must be a bug. We will investigate.
daniel_h

Posted: Oct 18, 2012
do you want me to start a ticket?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 18, 2012
No, I've already got it logged. Thanks
daniel_h

Posted: Oct 27, 2012
any follow up on this? my assistant updated a task yesterday morning at approximately 10am. I got the collaboration notice at 2am this morning????
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 29, 2012
I just made a change that I think will fix the problem, but I will need to monitor it over the next few days to make sure. Please let me know if your notifications are still delayed more than a few hours.
daniel_h

Posted: Oct 29, 2012
I will monitor. thanks! this morning I have a mix of notifications, some from yesterday and some from this morning. at first blush, it seems that your change has made a difference. I will report again...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.