ForumsQuestionsn00b question about sharing

n00b question about sharing
RayZorback

Posted: Jul 10, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hey everyone. I am an OmiFocus lover, but the lack of collaboration leaves me wanting. I'm looking into ToodleDo for our companies. Here is my question:

I would like to be able to create a folder for each of our projects and list the tasks in that folder. Then, I would like to share that folder with certain people, but not display other folders & tasks that I have shared with other people.

Project Folder A
Shared Task 1
Shared Task 2
Shared Task 3
Task 4 (not shared)

Project Folder B (not shared with group A)
Shared Task 1 (within Group B only)
Shared Task 2 (within Group B only)
Shared Task 3 (within Group B only)

Project Folder C (Private Personal Project)
Task 1 (private)
Task 2 (private)
Task 3 (private)

I will also various context based on categories and assign locations where tasks can be completed.

Can this sharing method be done with ToodleDo?
Anyone have screen shots of what this looks like in action? I'm not sure I understand how ToodleDo is using the term "workspace". With other project managers, my "workspace" is usually my overall view and has nothing to do with collaboration.

Thanks for the help!
Purveyor

You can try the Pro subscription for free for one week and see how it works. You can even set up additional accounts to test the sharing.

Just click on Upgrade in the top right-hand corner and then on the next screen you'll see the offer on the left side.

Also, you can take a look at the documentation here:
http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php

This message was edited Jul 10, 2012.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You should be able to do this with our sharing tools.
JCarl

Ray,

In Toodledo a Workspace is really a person unless you buy and set up a dummy one which I have done before. Other project management software treat a workspace as well a workspace that has members. This is a big difference. I actually like workspaces being individuals and using surrogate workspaces when needed. I have ask Toodledo to consider adding workspace as a field in Advanced search, we will see. For the time being Workspace is directly related to Assignor or Shared Task. As Toodledo replied you should be able to do what you are looking to do. You can set Folder rights at the individual and you can either assign tasks if you want them off your task list or share them if you want them on your list and the person you are sharing with. If I have mistated this Toodledo will comment.
RayZorback

Posted: Jul 11, 2012
Thanks! Done and I am signed up.
RayZorback

Posted by JCarl:
Ray,

In Toodledo a Workspace is really a person unless you buy and set up a dummy one which I have done before. Other project management software treat a workspace as well a workspace that has members. This is a big difference. I actually like workspaces being individuals and using surrogate workspaces when needed. I have ask Toodledo to consider adding workspace as a field in Advanced search, we will see. For the time being Workspace is directly related to Assignor or Shared Task. As Toodledo replied you should be able to do what you are looking to do. You can set Folder rights at the individual and you can either assign tasks if you want them off your task list or share them if you want them on your list and the person you are sharing with. If I have mistated this Toodledo will comment.

I would really like to create a "workspace" for each one of my companies. So I can see all project folders listed for my marketing company and then switch workspaces to view all project folders listed for my farm. To totally separate items that need different workspaces. I like it that way better than a delegation tool. Seems like there should be an alternate view for delegates' tasks.
JCarl

You would have to do that with dummy Pro subscriptions. Still pretty cheap at 29.95 each. Some limitations though as folders will have to be created by logging into the company. I ran Toodledo this way with dummy accounts as departments.
Purveyor

Posted: Jul 12, 2012
Posted by RayZorback:
I would really like to create a "workspace" for each one of my companies. So I can see all project folders listed for my marketing company and then switch workspaces to view all project folders listed for my farm.
You might be able to do what you want by assigning a Context to each company and then filtering by Context.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.