ForumsQuestions2 accounts on iPhone

2 accounts on iPhone
Salgud

Posted: Aug 25, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have 2 TD accounts, the second one I set up for keeping a grocery list. But when I went to switch over on my iPhone, it is warning me that I have to unlink with my regular work-related Pro account, and that if I reconnect, I could end up with duplicate tasks if I reconnect, which, obviously, I don't want.

Basically, I wanted to test TD as my grocery shopping app using the new free account. If this worked out well, I would get a third party iPhone app to access my TD account. But if TD doesn't work out as my grocery shopping app, I want to switch back and not have to remove duplicates of the 270 tasks in my current list.

Does anyone have any experience with this? How likely am I to get duplicates? Would it avoid this problem if I purge the iPhone data after I unlink and before I connect to the other account?
grizzlypapi

Thinking it over, it appears to me that if I unlink the iPhone app from my work account, then purge all the iPhone info, then link to the grocery account, I should be good.

If I decide to to back to the TD work account, the same procedure SHOULD work? I certainly don't want to erase my data, even though I'll back it up before I do any of this.

Edit: Oops, I posted under my other account. This is salgud!

This message was edited Aug 25, 2012.
Joyce

I would recommend not using TD as a grocery list app. You will have much less frustration if you choose an app that is meant for this purpose. Some like Cozi, which is free, I've been using Paprika, which isn't but I'm using it because Mastercook hasn't been updated in a dog's age and it shows.

Cozi has a browser site and I've also written lists in google docs that I moved to Awesome notes. The lite version of this is free and can hold up to 8 "notes"

As I've said before, I use TD as a household organizer and I have been wrestling with managing my kitchen and groceries for a long time. I suppose you could use a note as your grocery list but I don't know if that would work as an idea because I don't know if anyone else sees your stuff.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you unlink, purge and then relink it should all be good. If you forget to purge between switching accounts you will end up merging the two accounts instead. So be careful. My suggestion would be to use 1 account and put the groceries into a folder, or even a notebook entry. Or, use two Toodledo accounts and use 2 apps on your phone. There are many 3rd party iOS apps that sync with Toodledo.
grizzlypapi

I've gone ahead and done it. I've created a grocery list in TD and it seems, so far, to work well for what I want. After I've used it a bit longer, I'll post how I did it.

I went this route because I had certain features that I wanted, which it seemed to me I could get from TD, which I already know how to use, and is free. I spent most of the morning online searching for a shopping app with all the features I was looking for, but the only one I found with decent ratings (I always check the ratings first) was ListPro, which appeared to have somewhat of a learning curve. So I went with TD.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.