ForumsQuestionsSubtask creation and attributes

Subtask creation and attributes
Tina

Posted: Mar 05, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
First, thank you for supporting subtasks at all. I realize many competitors do not. (LifeBalance does a good job with subtasks.)

Is there a way to make subtasks automatically inherit attributes from the parent? In particular, I would like the goal and folder of subtasks to match the parent. Or am I missing something about the intended usage?

The creation of the first subtask is quite awkward.
Tina

Just noticed that subtasks are created at priority 0, even though my account settings have a higher default. Is this intended?
Claudio

Good points, Tina.

Also, because the subtask does not automatically inherit the parent's attributes, this can happen: You create a subtask using the "Add a Subtask" function, and if you're in a filtered view, the subtask is automatically hidden.

This message was edited Mar 05, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yeah, we are working on an improvement for adding subtasks directly.
DSM_2

Posted: Mar 06, 2009
Speaking of subtasks -- does the Toodledo application on iPhone support subtasks and, if so, how?
frossie

Posted: Mar 06, 2009
Posted by DSM:
Speaking of subtasks -- does the Toodledo application on iPhone support subtasks and, if so, how?

Yes it does - same as the web, you can have a flat display or not according to your filters. If a task has subtasks, you can drill down to the subtasks on a different screen.
saskia.x

Posted: Mar 12, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Yeah, we are working on an improvement for adding subtasks directly.

Thank you!!
larry.wilcox

Posted: Apr 10, 2009
I just discovered that if you use the Firefox Toodledo extension you can add subtasks directly. I still would like to see that functionality on the main site though. Great product.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.