david-drake

Posted: Oct 12, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I have created four tags. I had these in order as follows:
1-Today
2-This Week
3-This Month
4-Next Month

However, when I added tag #4 to a task, the sequence on the left sidebar became this:
4-Next Month
1-Today
2-This Week
3-This month

What can I do so that the sequence on the sidebar in the Tags view does not do this?

-David
Sabina A. Post deleted
Purveyor

Score: 1 Reference
By default, Tags are ordered by "popularity", i.e. the more often you use a Tag, the higher up the list it appears. When you added "4-Next Month" to a task, it became the most popular and went to the top of the list.

If you go to Settings here https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=9 you can click "Sort tags alphabetically".

Your sidebar list of Tags will then be in alpha/numeric order.
david-drake

Thanks, Folks! Sorting alphabetically is exactly what I was looking for. :)

-David
Purveyor

Score: -5 Reference
Sabina, it's nice that you can delete your incorrect post.

How long have you been using Toodledo? So far, you haven't done very well at answering questions in this forum. I hope that you get better.

This message was edited Oct 12, 2012.
david-drake

I completed a task with one of my tags. I created a new task and when I wanted to add that tag, it does not show -- I had to create it again. So...if you do not have tasks with a tag, that particular tag disappears? Is there a way for Toodledo to remember a list of tags even though all of them may not be in play all of the time?

-David
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The list of tags is generated by looking at the ones that are in use right now. If a tag becomes unused, it will be removed from the list until you type it in again to use it.
david-drake

Okay -- that is what I thought. Any chance for an option to remember your list of tags so you do not have to retype every time?

-David
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Sorry, this would go against how tags were designed. If you want a fixed list of items, you might try using folders or contexts instead. Those will stick around when they are empty.
david-drake

Okay. But the problem is that one can only have one context per task. I had posted earlier if one could have more than one context per task. So, for example, I have a context of @Errands. I would like it also be in a category of being done this week, hence the tag I had. Any chance of having multiple contexts per task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
daniel_h

Posted: Oct 13, 2012
Posted by david-drake:
Okay -- that is what I thought. Any chance for an option to remember your list of tags so you do not have to retype every time?

-David

my solution is that I have a couple of "dummy" tasks called "tags" and "tags1" that I tag with all of the tags I wat to use in my list. in other words, these tasks only exist so that I can use all of the tags in the tasks. I don't see them because they are filtered out of all of my searches and lists (negative priority, no due or start date, etc.), but all of my tags are used, so they never drop out of the tag popup for editing tasks. if I didn't explain that well, let me know and I will try again!!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.