ForumsQuestionsStarting out with TD

Starting out with TD
gerbasi7

Posted: Nov 23, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hello all,

I signed up for the free version of TD to test drive and see if it's for me. I'm pretty tech savvy but like all things there is a learning curve and TD looks pretty sophisticated (and a little intimidating).

I am wanting to start with a list of "daily to-dos". I will list a few items:

1. Floss
2. Take vitamins
3. Set trading alarms
4. etc

When I wake and jump on my PC, I would like to see a list of all my "daily to-dos". As I work through them, I will check them off and hopefully complete them all. If I do, the next day, I would like to see them all over again for me to complete them for that day.

What is the best way you would suggest me to complete this?

Thanks in advance!

This message was edited Nov 23, 2012.
Salgud

Posted: Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the TD forums. Sounds like you're on the right track. It's best to keep in simple at the start and work your way into more complex approaches.

Just create your tasks, and make them repeat daily. Each day you do them, check them off and they will automatically reappear the next day. Don't put a Due Date on them as that will unnecessarily complicate matters and won't add any value.
gerbasi7

Posted: Nov 25, 2012
Thanks Salgud.

Say I want a task to repeat on Monday through Friday. When I repeat this task to weekly, it doesn't give me an option to select everyday of the week. So will this repeat all weekdays?

If so, how would I repeat a task to repeat on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

I don't see it giving me the option to do so. Keep in mind I have the free version so don't know if that is a paid option. I don't think so though.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 25, 2012
Click on the "advanced repeat" option and type "every tue, thur". Here is more info: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=2
gerbasi7

Posted: Nov 26, 2012
Thanks Jake!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.