ForumsQuestionsTasks "reverse inherit" dates like DTG

Tasks "reverse inherit" dates like DTG
Russell

Posted: Nov 27, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

After using the ToodleDo web & iPhone apps for years (very happily), I've just added a Nexus 7 tablet into the mix. To keep access to my tasks, I use DTG on android, synced with ToodleDo.

It has one feature that has changed the way I work. Tasks with sub-tasks ("projects" in DTG) ALWAYS show up in the list, sub tasks hidden, using the date of the next dated sub-task.

This seems like a nice-to-have but actually means that,as I deal with each sub-task, I am presented with the whole project task. This means I get to consider the whole project as I check or close down a sub-task. This is way better than the old way I worked.

E.g. My "Build tree house" project shows up today because it includes "order wood dated today. As I close off the order, I review all the other sub tasks and add a couple of next actions, perhaps "order paint" now that I know the type of wood.

I can't seem to configure ToodleDo to do this. Can I???

Cheers
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
Salgud

TD does not have the capability to automatically set the project Due Date to the next dated subtask, you would have to do that yourself. But you can review the rest of the project and add tasks when you do that.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.