ForumsQuestionsSuggestion: Big Calendar

Suggestion: Big Calendar
d45

Posted: Mar 01, 2013
Score: 3 Reference
Suggestion:

I would really appreciate a full web-page calendar (like Google Calendar), that has various view options.

Calendar of completed tasks (by date of completion)
Calendar of scheduled tasks of course.
Being able to point to date - click - add a task.
Cal. view by a certain criteria (like only with this tag or only in this folder)
Joyce

Posted: Mar 02, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Have to admit a calender that syncs with google was why I was playing around with pocket informant.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 04, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
douglaskoschalk

Posted: Mar 06, 2013
Please. Please. Implement d45's suggestions. It would make this application so much better.
dgwinup

Posted: Mar 09, 2013
The most useful daily organizer I used in the past 15 years was Datebk (now Pimlical) on the Palm/Android platform. This was because tasks displayed on the calendar views along with calendar appointments and tasks could be added with one click. Overdue tasks always displayed on the current day if they weren't done so you NEVER lost tasks. Editing dates on tasks was just a couple clicks. I'd be willing to pay quite a lot (comparatively) to get an application that can do this.
Salgud

Posted: Mar 11, 2013
Posted by dgwinup:
The most useful daily organizer I used in the past 15 years was Datebk (now Pimlical) on the Palm/Android platform. This was because tasks displayed on the calendar views along with calendar appointments and tasks could be added with one click. Overdue tasks always displayed on the current day if they weren't done so you NEVER lost tasks. Editing dates on tasks was just a couple clicks. I'd be willing to pay quite a lot (comparatively) to get an application that can do this.

I was a big fan of DateBk also. I thought the integration with Contacts, tasks, appts, and notes was ideal. And it was easy to do. The only difficult part about DateBk was the options screens, which were extensive and complicated, though there was a detailed manual (>100 pages!). It was way ahead of it's time, and, AFAIK, there still isn't anything comparable for iOS. There's a void there someone is going to fill someday. I'm looking for it still.
Purveyor

The most powerful Calendar/Task/Contact/Notes iOS app is Pocket Informant.
It can sync with Toodledo Tasks and Notes, Google Tasks and Calendar, and iOS Calendar, Reminders and Contacts. Also, there's Pocket Informant online sync.
It has Smart Groups (saved searches) and multi-task editing, and a lot more.

But, it is even more complicated than DateBk6.
d45

Posted by Jake:
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks

:) Well, if it is on a to do list, I sure hope it is marked High Priority and Stared!
Salgud

Posted: Mar 12, 2013
Posted by Purveyor:
The most powerful Calendar/Task/Contact/Notes iOS app is Pocket Informant.
It can sync with Toodledo Tasks and Notes, Google Tasks and Calendar, and iOS Calendar, Reminders and Contacts. Also, there's Pocket Informant online sync.
It has Smart Groups (saved searches) and multi-task editing, and a lot more.

But, it is even more complicated than DateBk6.

So I have heard. Admittedly, I haven't looked in a while, but the user ratings were not very good. Seems PI has serious sync and general reliability problems, things I prefer to avoid.
Purveyor

Posted: Mar 12, 2013
Score: -1 Reference
Well, the reliability is better than when it first came out but I've stopped using it, mainly because I find the interface to be too complicated, especially the Task section.

I just want a small number of lists, filtered and sorted the way I want them. Pocket Informant has Smart Filters (which are like a less powerful version of Saved Searches) but they show up at the bottom of a screen that also shows Inbox, Folders, Contexts, Tagged, Starred, Next Actions, and a bunch more lists.

The Calendar does show tasks, though.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.