ForumsQuestionsBug in website GUI

Bug in website GUI
DSM_2

Posted: Nov 25, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I just noticed that, in Firefox v25, if I click on the Outlines tab, a new tab is created for the outlines whereas clicking on Tasks, Notes, or Lists just uses the current tab. They should all behave the same and just use the current tab.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 25, 2013
That is very strange. I was not able to reproduce this error. How does the "Lists" tab behave?
DSM_2

Posted: Nov 29, 2013
Hmmm. Stranger and stranger. What I see is this:

1. Firefox v25 on Windows XP visiting toodledo.com. Pin the Toodledo tab in Firefox. Firefox has several extensions added (most notably, EverNote and FireBug).
2. Click on Notes tab and the Notes section is brought up in the current Firefox tab (ie. the Tasks section).
3. Click on Outlines tab and the Outlines section is brought up in a *new* Firefox tab.
4. Click on Lists tab and the Lists section is brought up in the current Firefox tab (ie. the Outlines section).
5. Close what is now the Lists tab in Firefox (ie. go back to the Notes tab).
6. Click on the Lists tab and the Lists section is brought up in a *new* Firefox tab.
7. Click on the Outlines tab and the Outlines section is brought up in the current Firefox tab (ie. the Lists section).
8. Note that 6 & 7 is the reverse of 3 & 4. Also, note that this behavior is consistent for me across restarts of Firefox and the computer.

Interesting...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 02, 2013
Can you try a different web browser and see if the same thing happens?
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 03, 2013
Everything happens normally if I use IE 8.0 on the same system. No new browser tabs are created if I click on the different Toodledo tabs. This suggests that the tabs mechanism in Toodledo is different for Tasks/Notes vs. Outlines/Lists, but the difference is not significant to IE while it is to Firefox.

I take it you do not see this behavior?
DSM_2

Hmmm. This problem may be AddOn related in Firefox, but it's strange that only the Outlines/Lists tabs are affected. I restarted Firefox with AddOns disabled and the problem doesn't show up anymore. When I go back to normal mode, the problem returns. The problem is still there in normal mode and the addons I have are:

1. ActiveInbox 4.0.5.17
2. Evernote Web Clipper 5.9.0
3. McAfee Site Advisor 3.6.3
4. mediaplayerconnectivity 0.9.4
5. Microsoft .Net Framework Assistant 0.0.0
6. Tiddlyfox 1.0alpha18
7. Toodledo 1.8.2
8. Yahoo Toolbar 3.1.0
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If the problem is with an AddOn, the we can't fix it. If it bothers you, you'll need to isolate which addon is the problem and see if you can turn it off or turn that feature off.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.