ForumsQuestionsToodledo's RSS feed problems

Toodledo's RSS feed problems
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 18, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Boy, I'm not having a lot of luck with Toodledo's features.

My wife didn't want to learn (yet) the use of Toodledo on iPhone -- she preferred to get it in email. I thought I'd take a look at RSS feeds, so I activated the RSS feed on Toodledo for my account.

The first problem was how to read the RSS feed on the iPhone. Clicking on the URL in Safari sent me to the App Store to look for an RSS feed reader (I think), but it failed to connect to the App Store (multiple times) and told me it couldn't connect. So I went searching...

First stop was the Byline app, but it needed to have Feedly setup to work (Google changed things). So I tried to setup the Feedly app and load up the Toodledo URL for the RSS feed. After some fiddling, I could see my tasks, but they were formatted strangely in that the first 10 were indented and the rest seemed okay. Okay -- maybe Byline would now give me a better perspective. The format of Byline was much nicer, but it only saw the first 10 articles for some reason. Looking at Feedly on Firefox on a PC makes the feed look even more different, but all articles seem to be there. Now I'm confused as to what to do or how to evaluate the feed and determine where the problem is.

Has the RSS feed from Toodledo been tested lately? If so, how? What RSS feed reader(s) have been used against it -- particularly on the iPhone? Could Feedly be mis-evaluating the Toodledo RSS feed or does Toodledo's RSS feed have bugs?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 18, 2013
I just tested the rss feed and it appears to be working fine in Firefox, which is how we test it (Firefox has a built in rss feed interpreter). I also loaded it in Feedly, and it seemed to work correctly for me, except for loading the first 10 only, which must be a Feedly issue because in Firefox it shows all of them.

My advice is to contact the support for those companies and ask them for assistance.
DSM_2

Posted: Dec 19, 2013
Hmmm. So the 10 happened to you to..? I'll see if I can contact Feedly.
daniel_h

Posted: Dec 20, 2013
10 for me too...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.