ForumsQuestionsQuestion about Gold Membership and Attachments

Question about Gold Membership and Attachments
Tamar E.

Posted: Feb 26, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I just upgraded to Gold because I was super excited about attaching files to tasks. But now I learn that you can't view these attachments from a mobile device, only from the computer? Is that accurate? What is the timeframe to add this type of feature to the app? This disappoints me. One of the things I love about Evernote is everything syncs (phone, iPad, computer) with ease.
Purveyor

Attachments are not available in the Toodledo iOS app.

Here's a request from November 2008:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/977/-4488/file-sync-to-iphone.html

And a more recent request:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/17282/-81220/file-availability-in-mobil-and-ios-apps.html
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Adding attachments to our iOS app is something that we plan to do but have not had time to get to yet. Sorry.
Tamar E.

I appreciate you issuing a refund so quickly. Please know that many of us are eager to view attachments from a mobile device. :)
Purveyor

Posted: Feb 27, 2014
Score: 1 Reference
Well, another $30 gone ...

Posted by Jake:
Adding attachments to our iOS app is something that we plan to do but have not had time to get to yet.
Actually, you've had several thousand hours to get to it ... ;-) You've chosen to spend the time on other projects that you've decided are more important. It's as simple as that.

Your pricing model allows you to collect quite a bit more money from users who are willing to pay for the ability to attach files to tasks, and several users have expressed their disappointment that file attachments are not available in the iOS app. But, over the past 5 1/2 years, you've decided that it wasn't worth your time and effort to implement this feature.

Instead, you redesigned your iOS app (which resulted in something that you called a disaster, and you implemented Lists and Outlines, but not in the iOS app. You probably went with what you thought would maximize your revenue, and it could be that you made the right decision. But, when I see you ask for a measly $5000 to proceed with Android development, I suggest that you re-evaluate some of your business decisions.

I purchased my first Toodledo subscription in 2008 and I renewed every year until last year. Twice I paid for what is now called the Gold subscription, and, even though it was practically useless to me without mobile access to files, I justified the extra $15 by telling myself that I was supporting your software development. It took me a while to wake up.

I'm still keeping an eye on your development. You've done a lot of things right. We'll see how the business continues. Hey, perhaps you'll get purchased by Apple or Google! :-)

This message was edited Feb 27, 2014.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.