ForumsQuestions31Dec 1969 due date error

31Dec 1969 due date error
help

Posted: Apr 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
When I access toodledo via my mobil on toodledo.com/slim and need edit some of my tasks - click on link Edit task and get Error - due date Dec 31 1969. When I try it again its ok. But everytime when I would like to edit any task for first time I get this error.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 29, 2009
Thanks for the bug report.
Anders

Posted: Apr 30, 2009
Posted by help:
click on link Edit task and get Error - due date Dec 31 1969.

Wow, and I thought I was behind in my work ;)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 30, 2009
I haven't been able to replicate your problem. What mobile are you using? And can you please give me step by step instructions on how to make this happen?

Thanks
help

Posted: May 01, 2009
Hi I´m using nokia e71 with symbian S60.

So, when I open toodledo.com/slim and open context @work for example, I get list of my tasks with this defined context. When I select any task of the list and then select "edit task" I get this error message with 1969 message. When I try it for second time same way its ok.
This problem is in mobile version only. Im using default internet browser because in opera mini i have problem with rendering lists in slim version
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 08, 2009
This is very strange because we cannot reproduce the problem. Are you editing a task that has a due-date or one without a due-date. Does it matter? Can you use start-dates properly? Do you get any sort of error message other than the wrong date?
help

Posted: May 15, 2009
Thank you for responce. No it doesn't matter if task is with or without due date. Also doesn't matter if Im using start date or not. No there is error message only.

Error message has this format:

Top > Due-Date > On Dec 31, 1969
Empty
Nothing Matched These Criteria

When this message is show after I click on "edit task" and I go on this task again I get task in edit mode without click on "edit task" process.

Work with this error is very slow and frustrated. I will be upgrading new firmware on nokia e71. In changelog I see some web browser fixes so after upgrade I check it again.

Thanks

This message was edited May 15, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 15, 2009
I think I must have misunderstood your first post about the problem. I'll keep looking into it.
help

Posted: May 18, 2009
Thanks Toodledo,

Now I have new firmware on my Nokia e71 and due date error is still there :-(

Thanks for help.

I have open slim version in default web browser and html version in the same time. I´m checking tasks in slim and edit them in html version. It´s slow but it works..

If you could fix that bug I will be happy.

This message was edited May 18, 2009.
Anders

@help:
FYI, the Skyfire browser works well on Toodledo's sites, and runs on the e71 if you have s60 version 3. If you want to check it out, here is the website: Skyfire

help

@Anders
I know skyfire, for me it is very slow browser. On s60 platform I think it´s quite useless.

Maybe on WM or Android it is good solution. Nokia e71 has good hardware, but skyfire is slower then default Nokia Web browser and it is curious, because skyfire use web optimalization like opera mini.
Anders

@help:
Yes, I have heard that Skyfire does not run very quickly on s60, and it is strange given how the browser functions (rendering on the server). I use it on WM, mostly to access sites that are just impossible to use with any other mobile browser, but even on WM, while very fast most of the time, Skyfire is quite sluggish on certain sites, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Anyway, sorry that won't work for you. I see you already tried Opera Mini. The only other one I can think of for s60 is the Ozone browser. I have never tried it, but it is WebKit-based, and other WebKit-based mobile browsers like Mobile Safari and Iris seem to work well with Toodledo, so it may be worth a try (although, come to think of it, the default s60 browser is also WebKit-based). If you want to try it out, here is the website: http://www.o3mobi.com/

help

@Anders

Thanks I also know ozone browser, it´s nice and quick browser, but on S60 is first alfa version very unstable.

Everything is fine and quick rendered, but I can´t enter with ozone browser ipnut array for password on Toodledo. When I try it ozone crash into system menu immediately :-(

So, with ozone I can´t log into toodledo :-)
Anders

@help
Oh, no secure login with Ozone. That's no good. Sorry none of that was helpful. You've exhausted my s60 browser knowledge. Hopefully Toodledo can work this out for you. :)
help

Posted: May 19, 2009
@Anders
With new firmware is login in ozone without problem. It is really fast browser. Toodledo slim with webkit looks pretty cool, add or edit task is working. But in slim version of toodledo ozone generate very large font type. With max zoom out settings I could have only 2task on screen in the same time. Is there any chance to make font type in ozone or toodledo slim smaller?

This message was edited May 19, 2009.
Anders

I've read some interesting things about Ozone, like its unusual user agent string which does not identify its browser type, but claims it is running on Mac OSX. Most sites that attempt to recognize browsers show it the full desktop site except google sites which present their iPhone pages. I don't know if that could be related or not. I also don't know if there is a text size adjustment option in the browser. However, changing the text size for the slim site has been suggested before (mostly the FF addon and the google gadget actually. Here Toodledo gives it a "maybe": Slim Font Toodledo post ). Actually you may want to see what happens when you use the google gadget, since it is one of the few pages you will see a mobile optimized version of, it may be worth a shot. You could also try switching between standard and mobile view on the slim site to see if that makes any difference.

Edited an "it's" to an "its". I hate how the iPod always wants to correct me by changing to" it's".

This message was edited May 20, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I am sorry that your dates are still in 1969. We haven't been able to reproduce the problem or even figure out what could be causing it. It seems to be specific to your phone. Have you tried using our website from a desktop web browser to see if that fixes your problem. If it works in your web browser, it would rule out your account as being the problem.
help

@Toodledo
Yes, I think it´s problem of nokia web browser only. When I open slim version in ozone browser on my mobile is fine working unfortunately font size on ozone browser is extra large. So problem must be definately in nokia web browser. When i click on edit task button then browser must sent wrong link to due date 1969...

On desktop browser there is no problem. I´m using it every day. Thanks guys for help, will be waiting for native S60 app or nokia web browser fixes or opera mini or other browser compatibility
with toodledo slim version
help

Posted: May 20, 2009
@Anders
I set up desktop rendering in Ozone browser and now is font size in slim quite small. Now I can use toodledo slim without any problem, fast rendered and without due date error. THANKS for help

This message was edited May 20, 2009.
Anders

Posted: May 20, 2009
Awesome. I'm glad something finally worked for you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.