ForumsQuestionsView by Calendar

View by Calendar
Technutz

Posted: Jun 19, 2014
Score: 0 Reference
I researched and see this question was asked 4 years ago. So I am asking again to get an update.

On the web site there is a view by Calendar, (which I wish was more, but as it it works with what I need now). However it is not on the iphone or iPad. When will this be available?

My work around is to logon to the web site with the browser on the phone or iPad, but it is a pain. I do not like the calendar integration with Google and IOS because it is not updatable and does behave like the website with group etc in context.

I have stopped using the external calendars as I have to many tasks to display in those formats. I prefer Toodledo format. I get access to my appointments as I have a Context Called Appointments. This works great for scheduling meetings.

When I am out and about i.e Dr office and I need to schedule the next appointment, the search for open dates is a pain in the IOS apps. I have to log into the web on the phone and with the small screen even the web site is a pain and take more time.

It would be a big improvement if there was simple a view by Calendar option in IOS so when the Dr says how is "How is Tues three weeks from now at 3:30pm?"

By all means I am, not complaining, just asking if that feature will be available soon?

Reference:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/8847/0/calendar-view-on-iphoneipad-app.html

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 19, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. Toodledo is primarily a to-do list, not a calendaring app. They behave slightly differently, especially around repeating tasks. That said, we do plan to bring our basic calendar view to our mobile apps in a future update.

In the meantime, what you can do is sort your list by due-date and scan down the list to find the range of dates that apply to the task you are about to create.
coolexplorer

Posted: Jun 20, 2014
Just my 2cents, not intending to lecture or patronize :)

Peter Drucker urged all businesses to ask the fundamental question "What business am I in?", not in terms of their internal strengths & weakness, but ultimately grounded on customer need.

Answer 1: "To-Do list" - customer forced to use multiple unconnected tools(role/goal planning,lists, notes, calender, alarms, team sharing, communication) for his work process.

Answer 2: "Day,Week,Month,Life Organiser" - convenient one-stop go-to tool.

Toodledo does most except good calender sync and maybe team communication. Wouldn't it be neat to have a separate tab for "Calender" (which graphically showed start/due dates) along with the tabs on top for Tasks/Notes/Outline/Lists?

Just Yesterday I realized that the notes & lists also fit well with my work process.
Thanks and toodledo.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2014.
DSM_2

Posted: Jun 25, 2014
I've mentioned this before in other ways as well. In order to get from here to there, the first fundamental step would seem to be for Toodledo to recognize the difference between a task (or to-do item) and an event (or calendar item). Currently, Toodledo has problems when trying to treat tasks as events (ie. the meeting is at timeX) as either alarms (ie. the meeting is about to begin) or start times don't make sense when a task is treated as an event. Fundamentally, it would seem that a field is needed to mark an item in Toodledo as either a task or an event. After that, though, what changes need to be made to accomodate this (even to the API) are probably quite big.

Toodledo should move in this direction as it would truly separate it from the other task managers out there. It should probably do it in a stepwise fashion and work with its customers on how to do this rather than keep everything under wraps until it is ready. Stepwise development done in concert with the customers can more easily be undone if it goes wrong. I hope they will consider this.
jaksroche

Posted: Jun 27, 2014
I just wish it would have my ical calendar along with the tasks all in the same app
nfink

Posted: Sep 20, 2014
Posted by DSM:
I've mentioned this before in other ways as well. In order to get from here to there, the first fundamental step would seem to be for Toodledo to recognize the difference between a task (or to-do item) and an event (or calendar item). Currently, Toodledo has problems when trying to treat tasks as events...

I use ToodleDo and am very happy that to have found a task management tool. It is not an event management or calendar management tool. The makers of ToodleDo realized that tasks can have start dates and end dates, but they don't have to. You do not have to attach a date to your task and this is a wonderful way to approach task management. Some of us just like to look at priorities, not dates. Once you specify a date ToodleDo allows the event of the start date occurring or the end date occurring to be integrated with your calendar management tool. Again just what is needed. ToodleDo doesn't need to re-invent calendar or event management. It only needs to focus on task management and so far it is doing this very nicely.
Thanks ToodleDo!!!

This message was edited Sep 20, 2014.
nfink

Posted: Sep 20, 2014
Also for those wanting more granularity in the calendar integration, I suggest you download and install the desktop ToodleDo application. From this application you can drag and drop specific tasks onto your iCal calendar. You now have the ability to change them on the calendar since the task is no longer part of the subscription feed.

I absolutely love this feature, because I don't want all my tasks on my calendar. But there are certain tasks I do want there, With ToodleDo's desktop application I can select how much information is pushed to my other tools and prevent self-induced information overload.

Thanks again ToodleDo!!! In my opinion you are doing things just right! :-)
cj

Posted: Sep 21, 2014
"desktop toodledo application" ?? I've been a user for 4-5 years and this is the first I have heard of this. Are you referring to toodledo on the browser or some specific desktop app that runs on windows or mac?
Salgud

Posted: Sep 24, 2014
Posted by DSM:
I've mentioned this before in other ways as well. In order to get from here to there, the first fundamental step would seem to be for Toodledo to recognize the difference between a task (or to-do item) and an event (or calendar item). Currently, Toodledo has problems when trying to treat tasks as events (ie. the meeting is at timeX) as either alarms (ie. the meeting is about to begin) or start times don't make sense when a task is treated as an event. Fundamentally, it would seem that a field is needed to mark an item in Toodledo as either a task or an event. After that, though, what changes need to be made to accomodate this (even to the API) are probably quite big.

Toodledo should move in this direction as it would truly separate it from the other task managers out there. It should probably do it in a stepwise fashion and work with its customers on how to do this rather than keep everything under wraps until it is ready. Stepwise development done in concert with the customers can more easily be undone if it goes wrong. I hope they will consider this.

Of course, some of us don't view tasks and events in the GTD way. We view an event as a special kind of task with a set time and other participants, and plan accordingly, as nfink has said. So whatever you do this way, please keep in mind that we aren't all GTDers.
jwise

Posted: Sep 29, 2014
I have been using the sync with google calendar which syncs to iCal. I can see this then from my iMac in iCal or on my iPad or iPhone on the Calendar through the google calendar sync. The only problem is that it only posts new tasks to google calendar through the ifttt online system. So, if you change a date or time, it does not change it on google calendar. But, it seems to be a way to try to keep things in line with the calendar.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Google only refreshes iCal subscriptions once every 24 hours and there is no known way to cause Google to refresh faster. If you wait 24 hours, the calendar events should update.
coolexplorer

Posted by Jake:
Google only refreshes iCal subscriptions once every 24 hours and there is no known way to cause Google to refresh faster. If you wait 24 hours, the calendar events should update.

Often Tasks don't get done unless you assign them a date/time, and this keeps changing. Google is the most used calendar, therefore devoting some resources to make Toodledo and Google Calendar two-way sync is quite important. Sorry to bring in other Apps but some of them instantly sync with Google calendar (both-ways). In our dynamic fast-paced lives, no one can wait for 24 hours for their task changes to appear on their calendar, and not have a way by which a calendar entry can get registered in our favorite Task manager.
Love Toodledo, just want it to work with less work-arounds.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.