ForumsQuestionsIphone app & Notebook feature

Iphone app & Notebook feature
Genesherman

Posted: May 04, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I like the fact that there is the "Notebook" feature on Toodledo.com. it's simple and basic.

I use the "Notebook" app from appigo.com on my iphone, but it doesn't sync with anything. That makes it useless, just like the apple notes app.

Question: can you guys create a way to have my iphone have access to the notebook feature on toodledo? just a list of notes, perhaps with categories and a simple text editor???

a button at the bottom of the screen would be great.

thanks,

gene S.

PS: I'd go pro if that feature existed!

This message was edited May 04, 2009.
Joel

Score: 0 Reference
Er, the Notebook app from Appigo does sync with the notebook from Toodledo. Mine does. Are you running 1.2?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Notebook from Appigo definitely syncs with our Notebook. For help with setting this up, please visit Appigo.com's website.
Anders

I would personally like to see Notebook support in the official Toodledo app, or at least a separate, but connected one like Appigo makes. I would use their notebook app, but one if it's main selling points is integration with Todo, and I prefer the Toodledo app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 05, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
kmf

Posted: May 09, 2009
+1 for the Notebook feature
kculp

Posted: May 10, 2009
Here's another vote for Notebook sync!
kculp

It would also help to be able to access the notebook feature from the "slim" version of the web site. At present, http://www.toodledo.com/slim only supports task management.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this system!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
peter

Posted: Jun 26, 2009
The iphone app page on Toodledo (http://www.toodledo.com/info/iphone.php) lists notes as a supported feature; I just purchased the app and there doesn't seem to be a notes section.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Anders

The Toodledo app supports notes that are added to tasks, but it does not support the Toodledo Notebook. The only app that currently does support it is Appigo's Notebook.
peter

Ah! I get it. I don't think that works for me. Oh well, it was only $2.99. ;)

It might be a good idea to clarify that on your software description.

This message was edited Jun 26, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. There is a difference between notes and the notebook. We'll see if we can clarify this.
Kevin Pinto

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Here's another vote for the Toodledo iPhone app supporting the Notebook :-)
Darren

Posted: Nov 12, 2009
I vote for having the Notebook integrated into the official Toodledo app for iPhone.
PTaubman

Posted: Nov 16, 2009
Since people are voting, I would like to vote for the Notebook sync on the iPhone app as well! I am a Pro user (if that counts :-)

I actually use Circus Ponies Notebook on my desktop and enjoy it completely. I was looking to see if they integrate with an iPhone app (which they do not). I then thought about Toodledo's notebook and checked that out. I then discovered it is only available online and not on the iPhone.

Thanks.

Paul.
http://www.AllAboutGratitude.com
Proximo

meh

I use Evernote for all my notes so I don't really use the Notebook function.

I also use Evernote for all my Reference material.

I would rather have Toodledo integrate with Evernote and instead of trying to build something on their own.

just my $.02
David

Posted by Proximo:
meh

I would rather have Toodledo integrate with Evernote and instead of trying to build something on their own.

just my $.02

Same for me only I use OneNote. . .
Proximo

Posted: Nov 17, 2009
Posted by David:
Posted by Proximo:
meh

just my $.02

Same for me only I use OneNote. . .

OneNote is great, but Evernote is in the Cloud and an iPhone App. So it has many advantages for me.

You can open Evernote with any web browser and see your stuff, you can install a Desktop Client that syncs to the site and you can use the iPhone App that also syncs all your information.

Evernote makes text in pictures searchable, takes notes, voice memos and uses a folder/tag structure that is easy to manage.

I have seen other iPhone Apps Integrate with Evernote and this would be so awesome for Toodledo.

Not sure how it would be implemented, but it would be nice.
David

Posted: Nov 17, 2009
There's a new iphone app that syncs w/ OneNote--MobileNoter. Right now, it's read-only and there's a small subscription price but it looks promising.

For quick notes (text only) on iphone I use SimpleNote (http://simplenoteapp.com/) which syncs with their free web site. I also cut/paste notes into the web site to take with me on the iphone.

I've looked at evernote and can see their advantages. I like the idea of online sync/storage/access but most of my written/web work is done @home.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.