ForumsQuestionsTask list, calendar, due dates + Android?

Task list, calendar, due dates + Android?
ma_021

Posted: Feb 05, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
Hello.
I'm fairly new to Toodledo, but it seems to be a great application where I can add tasks such as my studies upcoming assignments and deadlines with their due dates and priorities. However I want to view these on my Android devices too (a Samsung mobile and tablet both running 4.4.2).

I've tried using Business Calendar and Business Tasks, and the latter gives me a great to-do list widget. The problem is I can't seem to get the due dates to appear as calendar events in the Business Calendar. I've tried both the old and new versions of the free calendar app, but I can't find any options to get this done. Could it be a setting in Toodledo?

I'm all for switching to some other app(s), preferably free, but looking at all the ones Toodledo supports as 3rd parties just makes my head spin. So I thought I'd come here and ask, because I imagine I'm not the first person to ask for this :)

What I want:
-an easily check-off widget displaying the tasks I've entered in Toodledo so I can view them no matter if I'm on my Windows PC, mobile or tablet.
-the tasks + due date displayed as a calendar event for that day. The specific time would be good too but is not a demand.
-the calendar needs to have a widget with a monthly view
-not too heavy on the battery draining

Are my demands too big? Is this not possible? Or am I just looking in the wrong direction?
Any help and advice here is appreciated :)

I hope this was posted in the right place of the forum, if not I hope someone can move it right.

Thanks in advance!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Have you tried our official Android app?

http://www.toodledo.com/info/android.php
ma_021

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Jake:
Have you tried our official Android app?

http://www.toodledo.com/info/android.php
I have it installed on both devices yes, it doesn't give me widgets with easy check-lists to check off tasks I've completed nor have i found it to have a monthly calendar widget? I can go into the app and check off the tasks I've created but that's not what I'm asking for :)
coolexplorer

Posted: Feb 06, 2015
Posted by ma_021:
I've tried using Business Calendar and Business Tasks, and the latter gives me a great to-do list widget. The problem is I can't seem to get the due dates to appear as calendar events in the Business Calendar. .....I imagine I'm not the first person to ask for this :)
What I want:
-an easily check-off widget displaying the tasks I've entered in Toodledo so I can view them no matter if I'm on my Windows PC, mobile or tablet.
-the tasks + due date displayed as a calendar event for that day. The specific time would be good too but is not a demand.
-the calendar needs to have a widget with a monthly view

A lot of people use the Google eco-system extensively. Responsive two-way Google Calendar integration (as with the android App "Ultimate 2 Do list") has been requested for a long time. It is on TD's to-do-list but not on its Hotlist. Keep searching for alternatives to suit your workflow. ;)

This message was edited Feb 06, 2015.
ma_021

Posted: Feb 06, 2015
Posted by coolexplorer:

A lot of people use the Google eco-system extensively. Responsive two-way Google Calendar integration (as with the android App "Ultimate 2 Do list") has been requested for a long time. It is on TD's to-do-list but not on its Hotlist. Keep searching for alternatives to suit your workflow. ;)

Ok, thanks for your reply :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.