ForumsQuestionsiphone feature request: Phone number recognition

iphone feature request: Phone number recognition
James T

Posted: May 15, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hi guys;

quick suggestion for you. I love the iPhone app and use it all the time. One thing I like in other iPhone apps that toodledo doesn't have is the ability to parse phone numbers and make them selectable and recognized by the iphone phone app.

I try to put the phone number I'm supposed to call in the subject line of my task or in the notes. It would be really handy if I could just click on that number on my iPhone and have the iPhone ask me if I want to dial it. I love this in other iPhone apps.

keep up the great work!
James
Vin Thomas

This is in the works. TD plans on releasing this in the future.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It will be in the next update.
Alan

Posted: May 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Toodledo:
It will be in the next update.
Can't wait.
Anders

Posted: May 16, 2009
Yes, this will be awesome. Emails will work too from what I gather, which will be great for iPod Touch owners like me. FYI, this will apply to the notes section. I don't think it will work in the subject.
greg_robison

Posted: Aug 28, 2009
Has this feature been integrated yet? If so, how can I take advantage of being able to call from a task? I cannot seem to do this.
Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you put the phone number into the note of a task, you will be able to click it to call.
Anders

If you just enter the phone number in the notes section of a task, it should be a clickable link on the app that will launch a call.
greg_robison

Perfect, thank you. I was just putting it in the task. Great feature.
kmramki

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
In ToDo (the app I use currently), there is a "Task Type." I could set the type of the task to "Call an contact" (or "Email a contact") and hook it up to the phone number (or email id) from my contacts list.

When the task shows up, I could click the small phone icon, and it calls the number. It's just very useful.

That's the one feature that is keeping me from switching to ToodleDo.
Claudio

kmramki, that's the one feature that might cause me to switch from Toodledo to Todo.

Not only will Todo dial from the task, but you can create a task that says "Call [contact name]" simply by choosing the contact. Simpler, easier, and faster than typing.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
kmramki

Posted: Sep 05, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the suggestion.

So, will this be implemented? I am trying to choose the two. I will go for toodledo, if there is even an assurance that this feature will be forthcoming.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 07, 2009
I added it to our to-do list, but I don't have any ETA of when it will get built.
dglickman

Posted: Nov 11, 2009
Easist would be if number could be "clicked" on from the subject line of the task. There is not one task management program (Toodledo, Todo, RTM, etc, etc) that I have seen where you can click on the number from WITHIN the list of taks (i.e. not needing to open, go to notes, click on the number...). If there is a way to do this it would be amazing. Thanks, DG
forsytheryan

Posted: Mar 03, 2010
When is this feature going to be available? This should be a high priority for ease of use while using the iPhone app.
Transisto

@forsytheryan , I totally understand your frustration,

Toodlebo, don't usually comment on timeframe

Lots of thing are on high priority @ toodledo, like hiring developers I guess.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Our iPhone app has been able to recognize phone numbers in task notes for some time now.
snafroth

Posted: May 12, 2010
Hi,

is there a chance now to integrate todo templates like

---- Task Type: Call ----
other: 00000
---- End Task Type ----

in order to get them right into todo app?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.