ForumsQuestionsTodo list and notebook really seperate?

Todo list and notebook really seperate?
TheGriff_2

Posted: May 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is it just me or do the todo list and notebook have no way interact?

Often times I'll add something to the todo list from Firefox that is really just reference material. Really the todo list is not the place for it so I'd like the ability to quickly move it over to the notebook. Is there any way to do this?

Really what I envision here...and I know this will become a feature request...is to have the notebook merely be a view of the todo list that shows just those items with status reference.

Yes I know I can create a search but it'd be awesome if the notebook worked this way so I would be able to click one link and see all my "notes".

Thoughts...ideas?
Claudio

Great idea!

I've often wanted to do exactly what you describe. I can't do it through Toodledo's interface (web-based or on the iPhone), but I can do it by using Appigo's iPhone's apps -- Todo and Notebook -- and then syching Notebook with my online Toodledo account. (Or, of course, by copying and pasting.)

Would be much easier if, as you suggest, the Toodledo Notebook was the place for items with a status "Reference".
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do plan to have tighter integration with Notebook and Tasks in the future. We built the Notebook to support Appigo's Notebook iPhone app and haven't done much with it since then. We have a lot of things on our to-do list related to improving the Notebook in the future.
TheGriff_2

Posted: May 20, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
We do plan to have tighter integration with Notebook and Tasks in the future. We built the Notebook to support Appigo's Notebook iPhone app and haven't done much with it since then. We have a lot of things on our to-do list related to improving the Notebook in the future.

Thanks for the update...please add my vote for making the notebook stuff a bit of a priority. Really digging using Toodledo, not so much the Notebook.
Anders

Posted: May 20, 2009
Yes, I also hope the Notebook gets upgraded a little. It would be especially useful to me if we could also use it in the Toodledo iPhone app :)
Proximo

Posted: May 21, 2009
I agree that the Notebook can be much more functional with some tweaks.
keith.knuckey

Posted: May 21, 2009
If you could at least provide a better interface for entering notes from a browser, the notebook section of your product could be a lot more powerful. With the Appigo app, it already synchs with the iPhone, but is pretty ugly and unsophisticated when used through a browser. You guys have done such a good job with the ToDo side of things, that cleaning up the browser notebook interface should be a piece of cake for you

If you could do that, I could convert all my notes to Toodledo and use your app for both notetaking and ToDos!

Posted by Toodledo:
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
I have been getting more and more frustrated with the note-taking apps that are out there (specifically Evernote). It would be amazing to have a system that could link it all together...*cough *cough Toodledo *cough *cough.

In my opinion, TD Notes needs:
- A simple WYSIWYG
- A way to link notes to tasks
- Sharing options

I am sure the vast majority of folks on this site are using both TD and a note taking app. I imagine it would be worth the investment to bulk up the notes features a bit.

Any update on the development of the notebook feature?
mighty.robot

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
I agree, better notebook integration is important to me too.
Tyler

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Posted by Vin Thomas:
I have been getting more and more frustrated with the note-taking apps that are out there (specifically Evernote).

I found out about evernote from these forums and was planning to use it in the near future.

It's a bit off-topic for this thread, but would be interested to know why you are frustrated with it.
S

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Any timeframe for the notebook integration? As with the other posters, it's extremely important to me.

The most immediate need: syncing with the iPhone app, and search capability on the iPhone (using the universal search, not just something within the Toodledo app).

- S

This message was edited Jul 29, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We don't comment on timelines, but it is on our to-do list.
todoing

Posted by Toodledo:
We don't comment on timelines, but it is on our to-do list.

haha...pardon the pun!
DSM_2

Has anyone compared the features of Toodledo Notebook vs. Evernote Notebook? What's the value-add of Toodledo Notebook over Evernote? Maybe it would be better to scrap the Toodledo Notebook and instead tightly integrate with Evernote.
Vin Thomas

Posted by DSM:
Has anyone compared the features of Toodledo Notebook vs. Evernote Notebook? What's the value-add of Toodledo Notebook over Evernote? Maybe it would be better to scrap the Toodledo Notebook and instead tightly integrate with Evernote.

I use Evernote quite extensively, and so do many of the other TD forum regulars. The benefit of improving the TD notebook would be to have a single service that could manage both functions.

I would be all in favor of a tighter integration with Evernote if it could be done in a nice seamless way. Evernote is great, and I am sure TD doesn't want to (neither should they) want to reinvent that wheel.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.