ForumsQuestionsBooklet: how to get subtasks under main tasks?

Booklet: how to get subtasks under main tasks?
dmac

Posted: May 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm a new user to Toodledo and so far it is proving to be a fantastic to-do application.

I especially like the booklet, as I'm sometimes away from all devices and it helps me keep in sync in both directions.

However, I make heavy use of subtasks and so far every booklet I've printed out lists the subtasks separately.

How do I get them grouped under their appropriate main task?

Thanks for your help to this noobie!
Anders

You can't. It has been suggested before, and I know would use the booklet more if it could do this.
dmac

Ah - thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

What's the best way to ask the developer(s) to put this in their queue?
Anders

This should work fine. When Toodledo sticks "Thanks for the suggestion" on something in the forums, it gets added to their list. The other place you can enter suggestions is through "Contact" on the "Help & News" page, but it's less complicated for Toodledo if you submit each suggestion once, either here or there.

This message was edited May 23, 2009.
dmac

Got it - thanks. I'll use this place only for my suggestion.

To be clear: I use subtasks a lot - and would use them more if they were more consistently supported.

The default behavior should be to group subtasks with their owning task AT ALL TIMES: in the booklet, in the web interface, and on the iPhone app.

For flexibility, alternate displays might be available for users who want something other than a strictly hierarchical view. But the initial and default view should be to group them under their owning tasks.

That is why they are subtasks - I would guess that most users who use subtasks choose them because they always want them grouped with the main task.
Anders

I agree with you completely, although I'm sure there is probably an endless variety of ways that people are using their subtasks. I actually use them as tasks with the Parent as a Project.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Adding subtasks to the Booklet is on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.