ForumsQuestionsIs there a way to control the display order of tasks

Is there a way to control the display order of tasks
sepvis

Posted: May 21, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
It's been two years since yu guys first said you were working on manual sorting...What's the news? Are or aren't you going to implement this.

I need the option to give each task it's own number so I can sort them by this. This is great for overviews/print-outs etc.

I'm currently a pro user and use Toodledo everyday. My subscribtion is up but when by that time there's still no numbering system in place, I see no other option as to continue my search for the system which has numbering.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 23, 2011
We already support manual ordering for subtasks, be we have not yet implemented manual sorting for regular tasks.
c.schiefelbein

Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Posted by Toodledo:
We already support manual ordering for subtasks, be we have not yet implemented manual sorting for regular tasks.

I've got to chime in here, because I'm getting frustrated trying to set up a simple task hierarchy and the "solution" for part of the problem just creates a new problem.

I really need sub-sub-tasks (and further would be just as easy to implement). Following the advice of many, I'm using Folders to identify top-level projects, then tasks with subtasks inside them. But the tasks within a folder are very much subtasks of the project, and some of them have an inherent order. (For instance, "install blinds" really needs to be further down the list than "paint room".)

"Put them all in subtasks!" some say. "Then you can manually order them!" Which is true -- but then I can't have another layer of subtasks. "Paint room" has its own subtasks (and needs them). Life is more complex than 2 layers of nesting.

So... please... let us manually order top-level tasks, or implement a true task hierarchy. Having neither of these is crippling.
gbravetti

Posted: Sep 14, 2011
+1 for manual sorting,

I have a lot of things to do each day, most of them involves going to different places on my city, so I have to copy all my stuff to a txt and manual sorting to get the best route, it would be great if I can do that from toodledo before printing.

thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.