ForumsQuestionsReload keybinding for "R"

Reload keybinding for "R"
Michael

Posted: May 29, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
To the TD developers:

Can I explicitly ask for a simple improvement, a refresh key-binding.

I looked into code, and it seems like around line 664ish (at least on my view) of views38c.js adding something like:

case 114: case 82: //r
location.reload(true)
break

would do the trick.

Thank you so much for an awesome tool.

-Michael
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. You could just type "control-r" to trigger your web browser's built in refresh option. One extra key isn't so bad, is it?
Michael

Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the suggestion. You could just type "control-r" to trigger your web browser's built in refresh option. One extra key isn't so bad, is it?

In a browser its not an issue, but AdobeAIR (and I imagine other other non-traditional browsers) does not have its own refresh binding. I spent about an hour trying to get it to work with Air, and while I am sure it is possible, it seemed like a lot of work vs three lines, esp considering functionality is so close to existing key-bindings to switch views :-)

Thanks for the consideration.

-Michael

This message was edited Jun 01, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the additional info. Sounds like a good idea.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jun 02, 2009
It would be nice to not have to refresh the browser, but instead just reload the page content. The workaround that I use is to just type the number for the tab I am currently on. That will to a page refresh without a browser refresh.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, the numbers keys work nicely for a faster reload. "R" will now work too for a full slow reload :)
Michael

Thank you, this does work great.

Oddly while it redraws smoothly on FF, in Air it does a full blank white page redraw. Must be the way rendering is done in Air vs Firefox, but all in all its a minor thing. Probably should have asked for "tab" reload to same tab (similar to number keys), but who knew someone would actually listen - let alone implement it in such a short time ;-)

Thank you so much - its an awesome app that keeps getting better.

-Michael
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.