ForumsQuestionsIntegration with Google Wave

Integration with Google Wave
Vin Thomas

Posted: May 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I wonder how TD can integrate with Google Wave? That would be something to start thinking about. It would be good to be ahead of the competition when it is released this year.
Anders

Posted: Jun 01, 2009
Interesting. I had not really heard about Google Wave. Here is a link for anyone else who is in that boat: http://wave.google.com/
It seems like a lot of people are anticipating this, and I agree that some sort of Toodledo integration would be a great idea.
~Anders
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll start thinking about it, but obviously we can't do anything until Google actually releases it.
Anders

Posted by Toodledo:
We'll start thinking about it, but obviously we can't do anything until Google actually releases it.

Not entirely true.
From http://code.google.com/apis/wave/ :
Google Wave is currently available in a developer preview as the APIs and product continue to evolve. Accounts on the developer sandbox will be given out to people intending to build with the Google Wave APIs prior to the public release.

Anyway, I know Toodledo's busy with many other things, but I think Vin's right that this could be a really cool opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
thpope

I watched some of that presentation and this wave thing could crush the likes of facebook and myspace and twitter.

But I would probably be cautious also in spending too much time integrating with it. It could crash and burn and you would lose all of that time. Even the mighty Google fails at some things. It's probably going to have API changes and then you'll be spending time re-doing your programming.

It does look cool.
mattsez

Posted: Nov 02, 2009
I was searching the forums to see if anyone has played around with integrating Google Wave with Toodledo, and I came across this lone thread.

I recently got an invitation to Google Wave, and I have been playing around with it, but no obvious uses have popped up in my mind for Toodledo integration. Sending a specific "wavelet" or "blip" to Toodledo as a task (with the first line as the title) might work, or vice versa, but there are probably preexisting alternatives to this already.

To be frank, until you really play around with Google Wave, you don't know whether a specific use for it is ideal, or just having fun with technology. On top of that, it's still in preview, and not even in beta. A lot can change with Google Wave in the next several months to affect its integration potential with Toodledo. But who knows, maybe someone sees something that I'm missing.

One thing I will say: You can embed preexisting Google gadgets in a Wave, including the Toodledo gaget (which I have already tried). However, it won't take advantage of most of the Wave specific uses (although, this may or may not be an issue).
Proximo

I have a Google Wave account and I think the technology behind it is amazing. It has a lot of potential and I just read a Market Place is opening up for it.

This means that people will be developing Extensions that work with Wave and help people accomplish different things.

I think jumping into too soon can be a mistake and take precious time away from Toodledo. I think it's great if you keep an eye out and see what is possible with Wave.

My only problem is that I don't have anyone to WAVE with.

:-(

It's like having a Ferrari in the back woods with rough roads. Feels good to sit inside, but I can't go anywhere.
Lance

Ummm.... yes, a 1949 166MM Barchetta. I want one. A Google WAVE account, and the Barchetta. I'm afraid I'll have to wait for both. (sigh)
Anders

Posted: Nov 03, 2009
Lance, what's your email address?
Anders

Posted by Proximo:

It's like having a Ferrari in the back woods with rough roads. Feels good to sit inside, but I can't go anywhere.

What's your Wave address? I don't have you in my contacts.
Lance

Anders,

[email protected]

Thanks!
Anders

You can delete that now if you want. I got it. Invitations take a few days to go out though.

BTW, Proximo, I found you. I had a different address for you in my contacts. I will Wave to you later :)
mattsez

I have almost a dozen people on Wave that I know, but unfortunately almost all of them are not using it. I think some people are a little confused as to what it is (and how to utilize it), and others don't really see much of a need for it. Sometimes, even I find myself wondering, "This is cool, but how would I actually use it on a daily basis, and why is it better than the alternatives?"

I know that Google Wave is still in its infancy, so I have to modify my expectations. Either way, what is everyone else currently using it for (besides just test driving it)?
Proximo

Posted by Anders:
Posted by Proximo:

What's your Wave address? I don't have you in my contacts.

[email protected]

Maybe we can start a Toodledo discussion Wave on a weekly basis. :-)

I received an invite from you Anders, but I already had an account. When I click on the link it did not add you to my Wave list, so I did not know what to do.

Anyone in my Google Contacts that has a Wave account shows up. Right now it's only one friend and he is too busy to Wave with me. I sound like a kid wanting to go out and play hide and go seek. :-)

This message was edited Nov 03, 2009.
Proximo

Posted by Anders:
You can delete that now if you want. I got it. Invitations take a few days to go out though.

BTW, Proximo, I found you. I had a different address for you in my contacts. I will Wave to you later :)

"I will Wave to you later"

Technology is adding more and more words to our language that if you don't keep up, you will think people are crazy.

"Hey Proximo. I will Wave to you later"
- Why? Why don't you just wave hello to me now. Why wait?

"Hey Proximo. I will Tweet you later"
- Oh No you won't. I don't want you to Tweet anything on me.

"Hey Proximo. Did you get my text"
- No but I can hear your voice right now, why don't you just say what you have to say.

"Hey Proximo. What kind of car are you?"
- Last I checked I was human, but for some reason everyone on Facebook wants to see what car I am, what movie I am or what type of food I am.

Another thing. Do people really "Laugh Out Loud" when they type "lol" or actually "Roll on the Floor Laughing" when they type "ROFL"?

If they do. They are weird. If they don't, then why type it. :-) (Did I just really smile?)
Anders

ltmq (laughing to myself quietly)
If people are actually able to type at all while rolling on the floor, that is a serious skill in my book. I agree with you by the way.
Proximo

Posted: Nov 04, 2009
Posted by Anders:
ltmq (laughing to myself quietly)
If people are actually able to type at all while rolling on the floor, that is a serious skill in my book. I agree with you by the way.

Don't get me wrong. I do it too. LOL, ROFL.
benny

Posted by Proximo:
My only problem is that I don't have anyone to WAVE
Maybe we can start a Toodledo discussion Wave on a weekly basis. :-)

I'd LOVE to do that. I don't have a Wave invite yet, though.

benster

This message was edited Nov 04, 2009.
teknia micro

...waiting on the floor laughing to myself waiting for my wave invite so I can play hide-n-seek behind another tech communication system wondering why my ToodleDo tweets aren't re-tweeted?

Sheesh...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.