ForumsQuestionsHotlist view of little use

Hotlist view of little use
lguser

Posted: Sep 30, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
I find the Hotlist view on desktop of little use.

The Android - DGT app has the AND option.

To me I like to see Hotlist as all Tasks due today AND have priority of 3 AND have a star.

As is the Hotlist is of little use because I cannot designate and one task to be in the Hotlist. If the minimum is all tasks with priority of 3 OR due today then there is no reason to use Hotlist. The result is all tasks due today with any priority. Same as the today view. I would at least like to see all tasks with only Starred or only tasks with priority of 3.
Salgud

Posted by lguser:
I find the Hotlist view on desktop of little use.

The Android - DGT app has the AND option.

To me I like to see Hotlist as all Tasks due today AND have priority of 3 AND have a star.

As is the Hotlist is of little use because I cannot designate and one task to be in the Hotlist. If the minimum is all tasks with priority of 3 OR due today then there is no reason to use Hotlist. The result is all tasks due today with any priority. Same as the today view. I would at least like to see all tasks with only Starred or only tasks with priority of 3.

I strongly urge you to take a look at Saved Searches. Herein lies the real power of TD, and it is considerable. Some of us pretty much "live" in the Saved Searches, seldom venturing out into the canned views. You can create your own custom Hotlist there to virtually any criteria you like. Certainly you can create the list you mention quite easily.

Checked Off | No
and
Due Date | Is | Today
and
Starred | Yes

Rather than Due Date | Is | Today, I prefer Due Date | Is | Before tomorrow, which will include any overdue tasks in my Hotlist as well.

More info here:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

If you need help, just post here and some of us will be happy to assist you.

Best of luck!

This message was edited Sep 30, 2015.
Ummagumma

Yes, Hotlist is pretty useless, Saved searches are the way to go.

I wish there was a way to move the searches button to the top of the left-hand icon menu.
SES21

Posted by e20.09g:
Yes, Hotlist is pretty useless, Saved searches are the way to go.

I wish there was a way to move the searches button to the top of the left-hand icon menu.

Jake & Bridget have said that rearranging icons in the ribbon MAY be a possibility in this new design update. I wouldn't hold my breath but you might keep your fingers crossed! Then again, you could just put in a vote for it in the Ribbon thread or something...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.