ForumsQuestionsEfficiently adding tasks when offline

Efficiently adding tasks when offline
Colin A

Posted: Jun 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
There are numerous times when I'm not online and I end up writing actions on bits of paper that I then add later when on-line...well actually I'll be in a meeting and plan to do so, but don't. Or I'll delegate a task and plan to add a "waiting for" action...but I don't get round to it till I speak them later and realise it's still outstanding. So this might be about my flakey, inconsistent approach...but....

How are you adding tasks efficiently when offline?

I appreciate I could write a draft email - but then I need to remember the syntax or I end up with the footer from my mail added all the time

I don't have blackberrys/iphones...I could text...but then theirs the syntax

Does anyone have any good ideas and/or suggestions on how to use the TD syntax to make the most of texting or emailing?

Thanks
Colin
alexborne

Posted: Jun 10, 2009
exactly, I think email is the best method.
if remembering the syntax can be aproblem, I suggest :
1- create a contact with your specific toodledo email adress
2- create an inbox folder in toodledo
then the only thing to remember is to write in the subject of the email :
do this task *inbox

and then, you process the inbox folder in toodledo when you get back online
huwevans projecthelm.com

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
I have a nokia phone, and the messaging app that comes with that can have templates for SMS or emails. So I have one of each setup with the formatting already created for a generic task to add.
Jeremy

Posted: Jun 11, 2009
I use auto-text on my blackberry for syntax. I would use a template feature on a regular phone. You could create a cheat sheet and keep it in a wallet or billfold. I taped the shortcuts above the keyboard until as a quick refence. Once you learn the syntax, it comes naturally.

As an alternative you can send tasks to an "inbox" folder or context and process them daily.
Proximo

Posted: Jun 12, 2009
I currently use a Blackjack and keep a note with all the syntax. After a while, you will remember the syntax and most of it is intuitive.

Text works just fine via. Twitter for me.

I am getting an iPhone when my contract runs out in 64 days, 9 hours and 27 minutes. Not that I am counting or anything.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.