ForumsQuestionsHow do I multi-edit my Tags?

How do I multi-edit my Tags?
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 21, 2015
Score: 0 Reference
Question :

In TD using a "New Search" I can pull up a bunch of tasks sharing a particular tag. However, how do I using "multi-edit" remove all the instances of a particular tag without removing all other tags associated with the tasks? Making changes manually in each task is a bummer.

Feature request :

Across most contemporary apps (Gmail, Evernote, Keep, etc) "Tags" have become one of the most used and versatile ways of :
1. assigning multiple descriptors/variables to an entry (task).
2. quickly searching in a lengthy database for exactly what one wants.
3. quickly reassigning an entry or bunch of entries (tasks) to new categories/configurations.
Its beauty is that you can freely assign any number of descriptors to a task and pull up a particular combination you require.

What I am looking forward to is a redesign of the Tags function to make it more agile and powerful. Potentially you could dispense with all other fields. I am not asking for that but improvements such as
(1) Predictive entry
(2) ability to Sort not only on the first entered tag but also on a second tag or select a particular tag to sort on,
so as to make Tags in TD swifter and more versatile.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2015.
Purveyor

Posted: Oct 21, 2015
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 22, 2015
I am not going to hold my breath. I guess Jack of All wins over Master of One.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 22, 2015
All your suggestions are on our todo list. We want to make tags more powerful in the future for sure.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 23, 2015
Thanks. Appreciate that you cant do everything together, and that user perspectives and demands vary.
Enjoying the design changes at the moment. Hope TD goes from strength to strength.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.