ForumsQuestionsMove New "Add Task" Button to the LEFT Please!

Move New "Add Task" Button to the LEFT Please!
mlb32704

Posted: Oct 26, 2015
Score: 1 Reference
LOVE the new "Add Task" Button. HATE the call to put it all the way over to the RIGHT. Not sure who planned it out or the logic behind the positioning but the add task process now has me selecting a button in the upper right hand corner, then scrolling over to the left to type in the task contents, refresh to add it to the queue, etc. The tasks start on the left, they read left to right, WHY would I want to start the entire process in the upper RIGHT hand corner?

Please move that new "Add Task" Button to the LEFT. Please. Thanks!
mlb32704

Score: 0 Reference
PS please move "Save" and "Cancel" buttons to the LEFT as well. These buttons themselves are very cool, large and easy to use, but the process surrounding their repositioned right margin locations is anything but improved. Move everything LEFT - Add, Save, Cancel - and you will have a much better setup. Thanks.
Sabina A.

Hi Paula,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We are currently reviewing all feedback related to the position of the add task button, so we'll definitely take this into consideration.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 27, 2015
Preferences vary.
I don't see the right position for "Add Task" as much of a problem. I use a mouse on my laptop and I am right handed so the cursor is generally right centered. Once clicked the cursor automatically embeds in the Task description field and one can tab through all the variables, except the last i.e.Tags.

One cant put everything on the left and nothing on the right specially if you are trying to make the software mobile responsive.
taddswanson

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Sabina A.:
Hi Paula,

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. We are currently reviewing all feedback related to the position of the add task button, so we'll definitely take this into consideration.

Sabina:

On another note, I'm not a fan of the drop down menu in the upper LH corner. Now to switch between Tasks, Notes, and Outlines, it takes 2 clicks every time to accomplish what used to be able to be done with a single click. Why is twice as many clicks better?

In addition, for users that ONLY use Tasks, they may never find out about the other awesomeness that's available because the options aren't there. For example, I only found out about outlines by seeing the button and thinking "What's this?".

Thanks!
Sabina A.

This is great feedback everyone.

Thank you!
Michael_49

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Yes, please move both the "Add Task" and "Save" to the left side. We read from left to right and design should assist function...not make it harder to execute.

Oooops...should have read the first post! Sorry for the redundancy. However, it's says something when two separate people say almost the same words.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2015.
coolexplorer

Posted: Oct 28, 2015
Preferences vary, but the issue of whether the Add New Task button should be on the left or right is not of that much importance cos one can just hit the keyboard shortcut N and the Add New Task popup opens and the cursor appears in the Task description field. One need not click the Add New Task button at all.

I don't use most keyboard shortcuts as I use a mouse on my laptop, but once I hit N, I was hooked.
mlb32704

Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Saw the changes this morning, THANK YOU! Love the left side orientation on the new buttons, THANKS AGAIN, for both listening and quickly making the changes. Years and years of great use and support, still my favorite and everyday go to app, don't know what I'd do without it. I know that ToodleDo has grown leaps and bounds over the years, a lot of great new functionality that I will probably never use, but when it comes to a basic robust fully functional to do list with all sorts of capabilities offered with just a Basic account, plus Notes, no one even compares. And ToodleDo the company behind the product has always listened and somehow balanced out the needs and wants of the uber crazy over the top users with the basic ones such as myself. I don't know how you do it but I thank you. Again :)
Ann M

Posted: Oct 30, 2015
Posted by mlb32704:
Saw the changes this morning, THANK YOU! Love the left side orientation on the new buttons, THANKS AGAIN, for both listening and quickly making the changes. Years and years of great use and support, still my favorite and everyday go to app, don't know what I'd do without it. I know that ToodleDo has grown leaps and bounds over the years, a lot of great new functionality that I will probably never use, but when it comes to a basic robust fully functional to do list with all sorts of capabilities offered with just a Basic account, plus Notes, no one even compares. And ToodleDo the company behind the product has always listened and somehow balanced out the needs and wants of the uber crazy over the top users with the basic ones such as myself. I don't know how you do it but I thank you. Again :)

And I couldn't agree more.
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted: Nov 02, 2015
After adding several tasks today, I realized that you had indeed moved the button over to the left.

KUDOS for LISTENING to your users and ACTING promptly. The left side location was so natural that I did not even realize you had done the move.
aleding

Posted: Nov 02, 2015
YES YES YES - THANK YOU immensely to the user community for driving this and to Toodledo for listening and then acting. I was about to cancel my subscription but then I saw the users raise objections and make requests followed by Toodledo taking action which gives me hope the UI\UX wil get fixed.

Now, if we can just get Toodledo to develop a functional reporting\printing tool for us...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.