ForumsQuestionsgantt chart possible?

gantt chart possible?
marniyael

Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Score: 5 Reference
is there any way to make a gantt chart in toodledo? this would be a super handy feature to add.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
This isn't possible, but we may consider it in a future update.
bryan.nice

Posted: Jul 28, 2009
Score: 3 Reference
Yeah, please add it. It makes goal setting and tracking a lot easier when you can visualize it in the future.
Proximo

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
When you say Gantt Chart, I normally think about Microsoft Project.

I can see this as a useful option when you have task that must be completed in sequence (a Project).
lueck

Posted: Aug 02, 2009
When will the update appear to display Gantt
IceHeartX

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
This isn't possible, but we may consider it in a future update.

is there a plan to allow addins? I could write a gantt chart I'm sure

and a burndown as well.

I am tracking projects here and that help.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 03, 2009
We don't have plans to have plugins, but we do have an open API that any developer can use to make companion products.
Deon D'Silva

Posted: Sep 21, 2009
Second the usefullness of a Gantt chart option.
Robert

Posted: Oct 08, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Gantt Chart needed over here as well.... will probably be the main reason why I won't buy toodledo pro
Anders

Posted: Oct 08, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I realize it is not as good as an automatically generated chart and I don't mean to detract from the suggestion, but if you have Excel, you can pretty easily make a Gantt chart template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102382531033.aspx

There are actually templates on the MS Office website you can download, but they are user-submitted so they could be anything from great to terrible. There are also pages of how-to videos on YouTube.

Anyway, my point is that if you get a template set up, you could just load the data from the Toodledo CSV export into the template, and see your Gantt chart.

Obviously not right for everyone, but I though I would mention this in case anyone might be interested trying it out.
e.schattauer

Posted: Oct 29, 2009
Score: 4 Reference
I have to decide on our companies main task sharing tool and I find toodledo one of the very best choices out there.
Unfortunately an integrated Gantt charts feature is a requirement and this sole reason will keeps us from migrating to toodledo.
I guess with Gantt charts you could get many more business customers.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 29, 2009
A gantt chart is for serious project management, which is a little beyond the scope of what Toodledo is trying to do, but maybe someday.
Nicholas

Posted: Feb 28, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Can I suggest that you should see Gant and Burndown charts as a business opportunity rather than a hassle?

I have spent a lot of time looking at systems for personal/freelance/small business project/task/time management that can do scheduling and time tracking. So far yours is looking good!

With a lot of these freemium products the problem for you getting people to upgrade from free to paid. These charts would be perfect because you do have customers who are using this for business and projects, and it is the sort of feature that someone using the product successfully in that segment, who wanted those features, would pay for the upgrade. I know I would. It is a professional feature.

It is the sort of feature that adds credibility, clout, weight for people who haven't used your product before too.

It shouldn't be that hard..there are open source and cheap charting libraries that will do these...all you are doing is passing the data structure to the library, and voila there you have it.

(I'm probably thinking a readonly chart, as oppposed to interactive).

This message was edited Feb 28, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.