ForumsQuestionsNew Layout

New Layout
SquidgyFishy

Posted: Aug 03, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Hello Jake, I've started using the new tasks section, and I've got about 90 items I've "chucked in my inbox" that I was just adding tags to or putting in folders, usual sort of stuff for me.

Anyways, I've noticed that it was really slow to operate. For example, I'd click on the folder drop down and there was a visible delay in the dropdown appearing. Or I'll try and add a tag and they'll be a beat after clicking on a tag and it actually assigning it. I really noticed it when I tried to change between save searches and open up a new search and it felt like a bit of a grind to get there.

It definitely wasn't that slow on the old tasks section.

Is that normal? Am i doing something wrong? I'm running google chrome version 59.0.3071.115. My internet speed isn't the fasted, probably 7MB, but I don't have an issue with any other websites and as I say the old tasks section worked just fine.

Thank you!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Would it be possible for you take a video of the delay and attach it to a support ticket so that we can see how slow it really is? This would help us, because when we test it, its really fast.
SquidgyFishy

Hi Jake, sure thing I'd be happy to help. Can you recommend any screen recording software? I've never used any before.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It depends on what computer you are using. It may be built into your operating system. Try googling for it and Im sure you'll find an answer or a link to some free software that can do it.
frindley

Posted: Aug 05, 2017
SquidgyFishy: Or are you simply experiencing the new animations for these dropdown lists and date selectors? Previously there was no animation and response was quick. Now they are animated and I suspect many users are experiencing that as a delay (I know I am). Elsewhere I've asked if Toodledo can make the animations an optional thing that users could turn off. Got the usual "on the list, no promises…" response.

This message was edited Aug 05, 2017.
SquidgyFishy

Posted: Aug 07, 2017
Hi Jake, i've finally managed to screen record, hope it helps!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yky96ij0nvtx5vz/Tasks%20%E2%9C%93%20Toodledo%20-%20Google%20Chrome%2007_08 _2017%2012_27_07.mp4?dl=0
bprice1

In current version a click on a line under the Task column puts the cursor at the front of the line item. This is much better than the new version which moves the cursor to the end of the line item. Please revert back to the original method.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I can see the delay that you are talking about with tags. I'll look into it. The delay with the menus going away when you move the mouse outside is intentional. You can click outside to make them go away immediately.
SquidgyFishy

Posted: Aug 09, 2017
Thank you Jake. Im sure I will get used to the menu "delay" so long as I know it isn't a fault! Thanks for looking into it for me.
François Trahan

Posted: Aug 28, 2017
When creating a new task, is there any way to "star" the task via keyboard shortcut/navigation ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 28, 2017
control+alt+* will do it using the regular add task form. If using quick add, type /*
Osaga

Posted: Sep 17, 2017
Hi Jake... thanks for all the hard work you put into Toodledo. I like the new layout. Can you add an option to keep the Add Task at the top of the screen?

Thanks
My Works

Posted: Dec 29, 2017
Hello toodledo!
Can I mark a task complete by using keyboard (without mouse) if it is not possible yet , please make a keyboard shortcut (using space button)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 29, 2017
Not possible yet, but Ill put it on the todo list.
Mike_63

Posted: Jan 15, 2018
Can you please add an option to default to the new layout?
pawelkaleta

gjones212

Looks like the new layout is missing the calendar view. I see you have categories but I want to be able to click on a specific date and see what is on that day. I hope it will not be eliminated in the new versions
Olivir 2017

Posted: Jan 16, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Ehm... go to Dates view, then there are two tabs in left pane, Dates and Calendar...

Posted by gjones212:
Looks like the new layout is missing the calendar view. I see you have categories but I want to be able to click on a specific date and see what is on that day. I hope it will not be eliminated in the new versions
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.