ForumsQuestionsSeveral bugs in the "new layout"

Several bugs in the "new layout"
salustri

Posted: Apr 02, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
I'm using Toodledo in Chrome Version 58.0.3029.41 beta (64-bit) on MacOS 10.12.3. Here's what I've noticed about the new layout so far.

1. Different URLs (www.toodledo.com vs tasks.toodledo.com) lead to different pages being rendered.

The rest of these apply to tasks.toodledo.com only.

2. Sometimes, when adding multiple subtasks to a task, TD complains it's offline, when in fact it isn't.
3. One of the columns (in my case, Modification Date) disappears once in a while and I must reload the page to make it appear again.
4. When adding subtasks in order a,b,c, they are initially rendered in order c,b,a.
5. A link in a note to an app (e.g., evernote://....) used to open the app directly. Now, it opens a browser tab, and then opens the app; the leaves an empty tab on the browser.
6. Sometimes, a task marked completed reappears as if incomplete on a 'r' refresh. After a time, a second 'r' correctly marks it completed.
7. The CSS styling is still incredibly weak. I use Stylish for Chrome to inject extra CSS to try to clean things up a bit.

However, I must say, the guts of TD - it's most basic functionality - still outstrips any other comparable task manager. So at least there's that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the feedback. We will look into these things.
mmccutcheon

When you use the browser's print from the new layout, it only shows three columns compared to the existing layout that shows 10 columns. I like to print out one sheet of tasks for the day to give me something physical to track my tasks for the day.

Thanks for a great app/platform/service!!
ChadBennett

When I've chosen the "Date" layout then choose to update the screen (by clicking on "Tasks" in the top left corner) it changes my layout to "My Tasks."
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 04, 2017
Yes, clicking on the "Tasks" logo in the top left corner will reload the entire page and take you back to the main view. If you just want to refresh the list you can press "r" with keyboard shortcuts enabled, or you can select the same list from the sidebar that you are already on if you have keyboard shortcuts disabled.
salustri

Posted: Apr 10, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Another problem: Used to be on the Mac version that I could have links to apps - like evernote:///view/31.... - and those would open the app. This seems broken now.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 11, 2017
We'll get this fixed.
salustri

Posted: Apr 18, 2017
Evernote:// links are working again.
A number of other bugs I'd reported on 2 April also seem fixed. Thanks very much for that.

Item #5 of my original list is still happening.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 19, 2017
Yeah, I dont think #5 isn't fixable. We have no way to know if a URL will open a tab or an application when you click on, since this is a browser setting.
salustri

Posted: Apr 24, 2017
Jake,
Fair enough. It makes sense that Chrome would have a hand in this. Will investigate Chrome settings.
Thanks.
Vinay

Posted: Apr 24, 2017
Posted by salustri:
I'm using Toodledo in Chrome Version 58.0.3029.41 beta (64-bit) on MacOS 10.12.3. Here's what I've noticed about the new layout so far.

1. Different URLs (www.toodledo.com vs tasks.toodledo.com) lead to different pages being rendered.

The rest of these apply to tasks.toodledo.com only.

2. Sometimes, when adding multiple subtasks to a task, TD complains it's offline, when in fact it isn't.
3. One of the columns (in my case, Modification Date) disappears once in a while and I must reload the page to make it appear again.
4. When adding subtasks in order a,b,c, they are initially rendered in order c,b,a.
5. A link in a note to an app (e.g., evernote://....) used to open the app directly. Now, it opens a browser tab, and then opens the app; the leaves an empty tab on the browser.
6. Sometimes, a task marked completed reappears as if incomplete on a 'r' refresh. After a time, a second 'r' correctly marks it completed.
7. The CSS styling is still incredibly weak. I use Stylish for Chrome to inject extra CSS to try to clean things up a bit.

However, I must say, the guts of TD - it's most basic functionality - still outstrips any other comparable task manager. So at least there's that.

I'm noticing the same issues with Chrome
salustri

Posted: Apr 25, 2017
Follow-up: I'm having sync problems between different machines.

Here's an instance. This morning I did some changes to TD at home (Mac, Sierra, Chrome - all latest stable versions). At work, on another, similar Mac, none of the changes from that morning appeared. I updated. Then I did some more changes. Now I'm back home and the changes I did at work aren't here either.
In all cases, I tried a hard page reload, but to no avail.

I have noticed this problem is minimized (perhaps even eliminated) by doing a hard page reload (on Mac Shift-Apple-R) *before* leaving a particular computer.

There's clearly something off with sync.
Adrien Beau

Posted: Apr 27, 2017
What do you do after you perform your changes? Do you immediately close the browser and/or the computer, or do you let some time pass to give a chance to sync to do its job?
salustri

Posted: Apr 28, 2017
Adrien,
I usually let some time pass. Indeed, at home, I almost NEVER quit the browser. And yet I get that problem when I come to work.
I know where you're going - the browser needs some time to sync tasks to the server.
The thing about that is that this is all new (mis)behaviour since the new UI was introduced. Everything sync'd right and fast in the ol' days.
guido57_uk

Posted: May 08, 2017
Hi Salustri

Any particular Stylish styles which you find work well with Toodledo?

Thanks
cj

Posted: May 08, 2017
I can't get stylish to work with toodledo anymore. I had styles (custom and from others) that worked great for a year. Now - nothing - and I've been trying for 2 weeks to get toodledo to display any changes from stylish. Anyone else have this issue?
IT-MUECKE

Posted: May 17, 2017
Hi,

I found a bug or maybe a feature which I wish I could deactivate within the new design.

Pressing "[" while entering a new task toggles the important star instead of printing the char "[". I use "[" and "]" for tags.
I deactivated the keyboard shortcuts - still this shortcut is working.

Best regards, Richard
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 17, 2017
I was not able to reproduce this. Typing a [ put a [ into the task's title for me. The intended keyboard shortcut for toggling the star on a new task is ctrl+alt+8. Can anyone else reproduce this?
salustri

Posted: May 31, 2017
A couple of updates:
* Links in task notes now open a new tab/window. YAY! Thanks!
* To those looking to use Stylish: the mod I use I developed myself; it's imperfect still, but if I ever get it right, I'd be happy to post it somewhere appropriate.
* About ['s in tasks - I too get just a plain [. No idea how it might be that it's triggering a star.
IT-MUECKE

Posted: Aug 22, 2017
Hi,

the problem still exists.
Maybe it is because of the german keyboard layout:
to get an [ I need to press: Alt Gr + 8

Alt Gr is a special key on german keyboards and (not absolutely but nearly) equal to Alt + Ctrl - ref. to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

And this would be the star activator... but on the german keyboard this is the [...

Is the star a hard coded shortcut?

Thanks in advance, best regardsm, Richard.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2017.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.