ForumsQuestionsNotes Editor

Notes Editor
SABiltongHunter

Posted: May 15, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
I have to believe this has been asked for before, but just in case :), is there any chance the notes editor can get slightly more robust editing capabilities than having to use HTML tags to format the notes. The commonly used easy to remember ones are no big deal, other than the time it takes to enter 6 characters to turn on and then off Bold as an example, versus clicking a button on and a button off. Am I the only one that thinks that Notes could benefit from some simple editing enhancements like bullet points and formatting buttons? I am not asking for OneNote kind of things, just simple text editing features.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 15, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
SABiltongHunter

Posted: Jul 26, 2017
Posted by Jake:
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks

Jake,

I posted a question regarding this in the 3rd party forum as well today as I am really desperate to get some basic notes capabilities and with leaving PI the options are basically non-existent :( I know you can't comment on timeframes, but if I don't have any options or hope, I might have to migrate to something else as my usage is about 50/50 tasks and notes. Can you shed any light on options or anything? Thanks.
Tangram11

Posted: Aug 09, 2017
@Kuduboet, this has been a basic feature that people have been requesting for 6 years ( http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/12761/-61603/notebook-bold-text-and-bullets.html ).

I have been asking for over 4.5 years ( https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/16446/0/notes-formatting.html )

Over a year has gone by since this post ( https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/22735/0/preview-of-new-notes-section.html ) which suggested it was coming ... but still no activity.

Since we know the Notes can support HTML markup, we know that all that has to be done is modifying the editor with a toolbar that will insert the HTML for us. Clearly, it is just not a priority.

I have been a Pro user for many years and love Toodledo for its display compactness and GTD orientation, but it is archaic for text and formatting.

If you want any easy to use, basic formatting, you should look for another product.
Purveyor

Posted by Tangram11:
@Kuduboet, this has been a basic feature that people have been requesting for 6 years.
See this post from Jan 23, 2009.
frogboy

I am on a mac, so just type up something in pages/text edit or apple notes, then copy and paste across

Or create some manual templates and create half a dozen dummy notes, for future use - so all the text editing is there already (titles, bold etc)

Depends on work flow, but I tend to use my TD notes for reference so within TD only ever need minor edits.

I agree either a tool bar or template chooser could be useful - but there are work arounds which aren't the end of the world.
Joyce

Score: 1 Reference
Frogboy, that is an excellent idea for a work around! I will probably build such a thing, seeing as I've done it on the fly in the past.

One could also do a fast copy paste from that and have a farm of them moved into the note you are working on do you needn't flip from tab to tab.

Thanks!!
leonard.b.smith

Posted: Nov 05, 2017
I just posted a similar question, but in terms of a more simple formatting capability similar to what is supported in Todoist.
leonard.b.smith

Posted: Nov 12, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Tasks notes can be formatted using traditional HTML tags.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.