ForumsQuestionswhy do I see other peoples entries on my calendar

why do I see other peoples entries on my calendar
anthony

Posted: Jul 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I just installed the gcal gadget and for some reason I see "tasks for day" for other people (I can't see the details of these entries though).

Here is a screenshot:

All those "Tasks for day" are not mine and are all from different email addresses @gmail.com

Any ideas?

This message was edited Jul 28, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Jul 29, 2009
Do you share calendars with anyone on Gcal? It looks to me like you are subscribed to someone else's Google calendars including the Toodledo gadget which Gcal calls a caledar but cannot be shared (if you sync or share the gadget calendar it just shows up as "tasks for X". Other than that, I have no idea.
righthere

Hi, I have just the same problem as Anthony's On my Google calendar, I see other people's tasks, which looks exactly like Anthony is showing. They are just so many, can not be erased, and look orage.

I do not remember settig my Gcal to share with anybody. I have just opened my account with Gcal yesterday, and have started using it for only one day. Also, I have just opened Toodledo's account today, and I have not even created my first task yet. All I did was to click the bottum shown on the Toodledo page, which leads to my Gcal. Then, when my Gcal opened, there appeared these mysterious orange tasks created by somebodyelse.

If anybody knows what I should do to solve the problem, please plese help me.... Thank you. Miki
Anders

The thing is that the gadget never creates entries like a regular calendar like those shown. It just puts the check boxes in the calendar from which you can access your tasks. If you look at your list of calendars, particularly the "other calendars" section, is there anything unexpected listed there, or any calendars that you don't remember setting up?
Proximo

I agree with Anders on this. The Toodledo gadget does not create a calendar event like GCal does. It's simply a checklist icon with a list of the things that need to be done on that day.

It seems there is something else going on here.
Anders

Okay, I just checked my Google Calendar, and I have these too!
They were not there yesterday. Something must have been changed by Google to break the gadget. The gadget still works, but now I have these entries for other peoples tasks. Nothing can be seen of the actual tasks. I wonder if some people clicked to make their Toodledo gadgets a public calendar, and since we all subscribe to the gadget at the same address, google thinks we are subscribing to the public calendars. Anyway, that is a total guess, and it is really strange. Hopefully Toodledo will be able to figure it out.
blubic

....agreed there must be a glitch in the matrix...

I checked the settings on the ToodleDo calendar, and it was listed under the section for "Public Calendars"...!!!

It wasn't that way yesterday afternoon...

So I unsubscribed for now.

Maybe reinstalling the Google gadget will help? Not sure...I'll give it a try.
ms.kjohnston

I just got these same entries on my Google Calendar today, as well. I've been using the Toodledo gadget for quite some time so I think this must be a new bug on Google's or Toodledo's end.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The same thing is happening to Remember the Milk (our competitor) (see here and here), so it appears to be a Google bug. Google has been notified and they are hopefully working on it.

There is nothing that we can do about this since it is a Google bug, but if you want to be on the safe side, you could unsubscribe your Toodledo calendar until Google fixes the bug.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
One more thing, if you are using the checkbox gadget, Toodledo doesn't actually send any data to Google. The popup box loads a webpage directly from our servers, so Google doesn't see your data and cannot share it with other people. So, your data is safe and secure, but naturally you don't want to see other people's stuff spamming up your calendar. Google will have to address this issue.
Anders

It does show the email address of the person from which the calendar comes, so that information could get out, but it only seems to be three people from what I can see.
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
OK, this is weird. I read this and quickly checked my calendar but only my events are showing - no strange "Tasks for..." on my calendar.

BTW, I don't normally see my tasks like the screenshot posted above; each of my individual tasks shows as a separate event on my G-Cal. Is that how others are seeing their Toodledo tasks?

Thanks!

Jim
Anders

Jim, what you have set up is the iCal subscription which adds your tasks to Gcal as events. The Toodledo Google Calendar gadget is a separate thing. If you look at the screenshot above, you will see little green checkboxes in the corner of each day. That is what the gadget adds to your calendar. You can click on the box, and it opens a popup of the Slim site with your tasks for that day. The advantage of the gadget is that it allows you to edit or add tasks from Gcal. You may want to wait until it is fixed, but you can add the gadget from the bottom of this page: http://www.toodledo.com/widget/google_gadget.php
Jake

Toodledo Founder
By the way, if you look at the "General Issues" section on the Google Calendar help page you will see that Google is aware of it and is working on it.

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/static.py?page=known_issues.cs
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.