ForumsQuestionsThis week/This month issue/bug?

This week/This month issue/bug?
Søren Bjarnøe

Posted: May 30, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I recently start using the application and I think it's pretty useful.

However, I do believe there is a minor bug in the This week/This month view.

Example:

I create a new task with due date June 2nd. For some reason it shows up under "This week" and "This month" even though the due is obviously next week and net month.

Another thing - my login credentials are not always remembered. This is pretty annoying as the login process takes a while.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 30, 2008
"This week" actually means "in the next 7 days".
And "this month" actually means "in the next 30 days".

If you hover your mouse over the tab, you will see this description popup. We should probably change the name of the tabs, but "in the next 30 days" would make the tab really long.

Also, make sure you check the "remember me" checkbox if you want your login credentials saved.
TonyB

Posted: May 31, 2008
I agree the descriptions 'this week' and 'this month' are misleading as they don't literally mean that.

How about naming the tabs '+7' and '+30', with the descriptive pop ups as you've described ('in the next 30 days' etc) to clarify the meaning?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
What would we call the "next week" tab?

next week
7-14
7 to 14
7 to 14 days
jdoree

Personally I think this week and this month are fine. I think it's fairly obvious what they mean. Just thought I'd add my 2cents.
Darius_1296933579

Posted: Jun 01, 2008
Me too, I agree with jdoree above... the current naming convention works perfectly fine. Plus if you need a reminder, just mouse over the tab as mentioned above, and the description pops up.

If you start using names like "7 to 14 days" or "7-14", I think it might make the interface look uglier although technically more accurate - my thoughts.

This message was edited Jun 01, 2008.
Søren Bjarnøe

Posted: Jun 01, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
"This week" actually means "in the next 7 days".
And "this month" actually means "in the next 30 days".

Well, simply call them "Next 7 days" and "Next 30 days". IMO, this would make much more sense.
To make it perfect, the tasks should show up as in the current naming convention - as an example: "This month" tasks should display all tasks with due date in June and "This week" should display asks within the actual week (from Monday -> Sunday).

Also, make sure you check the "remember me" checkbox if you want your login credentials saved.

I always do - sometimes it saves my credentials, sometimes it doesn't. There's no "pattern" in it or no specific action that removes my saved credentials.
Erik C Bugge

Posted: Nov 28, 2008
Posted by Søren Bjarnøe:
Well, simply call them "Next 7 days" and "Next 30 days". IMO, this would make much more sense. To make it perfect, the tasks should show up as in the current naming convention - as an example: "This month" tasks should display all tasks with due date in June and "This week" should display asks within the actual week (from Monday -> Sunday).

I totally agree with the Dane(?)!! I nearly posted a bug-report due to the misunderstandig of these tabs, even aften using ToodleDo for some time now. Or it just might be me ... :-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 29, 2008
Yeah, we should probably do this. I'll accelerate this bug report.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.