ForumsQuestionsNew subscription prices - what do you think?

New subscription prices - what do you think?
axelheiser

Posted: Oct 20, 2018
Score: 5 Reference
Just finished moving 800+ tasks to Todoist and happily paid for their Premium features. Turning Toodledoo's csv into a text string (with a little help from Excel) allowed to import up to 50 tasks at a time. No big deal.
After having a Toodledo subscription and heavily using it for 8 years I'll be missing it. My favorite features - and I will miss them - were start dates and the ability to sort by 3 parameters.
I actually like paying a fair price for good software but I am against paying for a version to come; that is like paying a premium price for a mediocre car so that the next generation of buyers can buy a fancy car.
So, it has become a matter of principle - and fear of what might happen to my data under the current management.
Goodbye Toodledo.
pawelkaleta

Score: 0 Reference
The link to discussion on Google group about the impact of the changes on Ultimate To Do List application which has already started.

Link to discussion
cashreg

Score: 6 Reference
You are going about this backward. You need to provide enhancements first so we can see the value, THEN increase your prices. Do you not have the capital to do that?

As a long time toodledo user, I thought it was the most suitable when I started and it wasn't worth changing to something else and move everything over as other apps came out or were enhanced.

But at 2x-3x the price, if I'm going to accept that price, then it opens up a whole field of competitors. And over the years, they've been making more enhancements than toodledo or starting fresh with no legacy issues, so a similarly priced competitors product is far more with it than toodledo as it is right now.

And if I do move to another product, it's highly doubtful that I'll go thru the conversion effort to come back once toodledo is on par with other apps... They'd have to be far above par for me to make the move.

Posted by aaron.c.salls:
Hi all,

We are in the process of hiring engineers so that we can build upon the product. In order to do so, we need to make sure our plans and pricing are aligned. Some folks have seen the first iteration of this plan, and if you haven't gotten the email yet it's because they're still working through the send queue. You will receive it soon.

We understand that some people have questions. However, this is what we need to do to support the business and build the product our users have asked for here and in other feedback channels.

As always, we're open to all feedback. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach me directly at [email protected].
Wayne R Allott

Posted: Oct 22, 2018
Hi all

I have been using toodledo for a while and like it. I'm not happy about the price increase on the gold subscription. I live in New Zealand so the price conversion makes it very expensive.

I need some help please, I can not find where/how to cancel the gold subscription. It still has 204 days to run but I think it best to look for something else now. Thanks

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
marcelmooij

Posted: Oct 23, 2018
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by gtappend:
Posted by smatics:
Yesterday, I signed up to Todoist Premium (through Google Play) for about $29 and in about 2 hours I transitioned most of my projects over using their CSV import. Todoist has a 30 day money back policy if you decide to cancel, but so far, the web interface is really good (not quite as functional as ToodleDo, but better in some ways) and the mobile app for Android is leagues ahead of the ToodleDo app.

As a tip for anyone else considering this, if you sign up for Todoist Free and then click on a premium function, they offer you a 30 day free trial of Premium without asking for any payment details at all (as opposed to signing up, paying, and then using the money back policy if you don't like it).

Another tip for who wants to try Todoist: I just imported my Wunderlist account into my free Todoist account and afterwards (they didn't mention it before), they gave me 2 months premium for free... It gets even better, when I checked my account I have premium until 23 Feb 2019 :-). They have an import function online, just search for "import Wunderlist to Todoist".

This message was edited Oct 23, 2018.
Joyce

So the other day I built a soft landing into Todoist, I set up my tasks, without repeaters, just the tasks with notes on what the repeaters should be. I made a folder of information about it all and I made sure everything I needed from notes lists and outlines existed somewhere else and lo and behold I got an e-mail from Aaron that made me feel loads more hopeful about Toodledo.

Hopefully we'll all feel more hopeful later today!
pawelkaleta

Posted by Joyce:
So the other day I built a soft landing into Todoist, I set up my tasks, without repeaters, just the tasks with notes on what the repeaters should be. I made a folder of information about it all and I made sure everything I needed from notes lists and outlines existed somewhere else and lo and behold I got an e-mail from Aaron that made me feel loads more hopeful about Toodledo.

Hopefully we'll all feel more hopeful later today!

On one hand it's good to hear something positive these days. On the other, in my opinion it's not cool that whatever it is, it is first passed on to individual users before being publicly announced.
aaron.c.salls

Score: 1 Reference
Hi all,

We've shared an update and to make things easier to follow, we'll be consolidating these discussions onto that thread.

Thanks,
Aaron
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.