ForumsQuestionsMarking a task completed

Marking a task completed
greenackors

Posted: Mar 14, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Up until today, I could mark several tasks complete...then click on TASKS and the completed items would move off the screen and into the "completed" area.

This morning, I click to mark it complete and it goes away right then. There is a second or two delay between marking the tasks complete. I prefer the old way.

Is this a setting I can turn off / on?
mlb32704

I just noticed the same thing and I have the same response. I like getting that last look at all of my completed tasks before hitting "refresh" to get rid of them and get a new view of uncompleted tasks. Moreover, every once in a while, I check off a task by mistake, forget which one it was, have to unhide completed tasks and search for it, etc., etc. This new functionality should be optional.
doering.ptm

I habe the same problem - and I prefer the older way too
info

Score: -1 Reference
Use the new (2017) version tasks.toodledo.com. You can set it as default in Settings.
d.call

Score: 0 Reference
Please revert to allowing tasks to remain completed until refreshed. It is laborious to switch back to the 2017 style and have the old look to the screen when we want this enabled.

This change was not communicated in advance and is not on a list of changes, so no way to prepare for it. Changes like this should have the ability to turn on or off.
doering.ptm

Cant find, where to set in Settings. Please can you give advice?
frenil75

Me too prefer the old style and could choose when to reload the page.

This new reload on some task changes (completion, starring and what else?) also breaks the search of tasks.

Example:
Create a new search, complete one of the searched tasks and then the reload does not remember your search and you have to search again.
gstarrett

I'm not sure what they mean by "2017 version"... there's the older (default) view that I'm used to seeing on www.toodledo.com, but I looked at the different URL someone mentioned tasks.toodledo.com and it shows the "new" interface.

https://www.toodledo.com/ has the problem I see listed above, where I get screen refreshes after every click as of this morning. It used to just show them as complete on screen and wait until I manually did a refresh or clicked a view button to remove them from sight. I liked seeing a bunch of things checked off, and it flows nicely when completing multiple tasks at the same time.

https://tasks.toodledo.com/ has the "new" interface but acts with the checkboxes correctly so I can see my list half checked off, click the view button again and see my list shrink all at once -- very satisfying!

Hope this helps.

P.S. I've NO idea how to set a default style for the interface ("new" vs "old"), can't find anything in the settings. Only the URL used to access my task list seems to affect it for me.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2019.
Wild Wonders

I have been using the old interface because I find the checkbox action of the new interface to be intolerably slow. Click the checkbox. Wait. Wait. It is then finally marked as complete. Now they've ruined the old interface with this automatic refresh. I am incredibly frustrated and my whole team is frustrated. This could be the thing that causes us to jump ship.
Purveyor

Posted by gstarrett:
I've NO idea how to set a default style for the interface ("new" vs "old"), can't find anything in the settings.
Here’s the link: https://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=7
mlb32704

Please see the other Question about this exact same issue in the Forum, titled "Page reload when task completed".

Purveyor provides a easy to understand, simple solution to follow, in terms of completed tasks disappearing when the page automatically refreshes. Basically, you've got to modify your default settings to use the newer version of tasks (task.toodledo.com), which gives you a slightly different look and feel, but it grays out completed items, puts a line through them, but otherwise leaves them alone until you choose to refresh the page.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.