ForumsQuestionsGoogle Calendar Sync Work for You?

Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
boydston01

Posted: Apr 17, 2019
Score: 0 Reference
In the roadmap, 2-way sync with google calendar is marked as done.

Does anyone have this working?

I went thru the setup process and the "toodledo" calendar did not show up.
boydston01

Posted: Apr 24, 2019
Nobody is using 2-way sync?!
Aukje

Posted: Apr 24, 2019
No, I don't use it because it is not working for me.
Too confusing
-J-O-D-

Posted: Apr 25, 2019
And is there a 2-way sync at all? I have only found the ical sync, which is one-way (if we are talking about https://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical.php).
Anant G.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019
Two way sync is here : https://www.toodledo.com/tools/connect_google.php

We changed the sync settings to every 15mins now. Please create a support ticket if it is not working.
boydston01

Posted: Apr 26, 2019
Score: 1 Reference
Yeah, as Anant posted, they finished it. At first, it was not working for me—there was a technical glitch. They got it working.

I am very happy about the progress, but at 15-minute sync intervals, it is not useful to me.
Purveyor

From the link that Anant posted:
Create or edit a task on Google and it will automatically get updated on Toodledo. Like magic.
Well, I guess "automatically" doesn't necessarily mean "instantly" but it's implied. And it's a stretch to say that "magic" means waiting 15 minutes.

It seems that all tasks will be synced to Google Calendar, with no way of selecting by Context, Folder, Status or range of dates. Is that right?
boydston01

Purveyor, yes, all dated tasks sync with no other filtering. I am unsure how start and due might be handled differently, though.

Also, support told me that they are looking to bring the interval down to 1 minute or even 30 seconds. If that happens, that should work for me.
smooziebear

Posted: May 04, 2019
Score: 2 Reference
TOODLEDO: THIS IS HUGE. If you can make this a priority, NO ONE HAS THIS FEATURE.

Todoist can sync with Google Calendar but Todist does not have your layout of Task in an editable list
TickTick does sync with Google Calendar but it is slow also but the Calendar Feature is buggy in that on the PC Browser Ticktick you have to subscribe to a calendar and on the Android app you can choose the calendar and it will appear. But now you have a double entry on your phone. The major problem with ticktick is that I cannot move the items that are created on the google calendar. I can move the Ticktick items around.

So, I just tried your calendar
1. Awesome progress that an Original Toodledo Task can be moved around on my Google Calendar
2. The new Due Date and Time does update back to Toodledo! (Very Slow)

Question: If you create an entry in Google Calendar, the event does not go back to Toodledo?

What would drive people back to Toodledo is if you could make this feature work. GTD drove Toodledo to the top years ago. Every Android App was based on Toodledo. I search all of the latest Project/Task Management Apps and I return back to Toodledo because I like the List. However, the new movement is to Block Calendarizing Time. To move the Task off the List into Calendar. To be able to move them around a calendar but then see them on the list. My Wish List:
1. Create a button or some system for "Manual Sync" or Refresh
2. Have the Data Folder, Tags, Priority (Could this be done with the same language when I send it by email subject line to become a Toodledo Task?)
3. Can an task be created in Google that will go back to Toodledo?
4. Is there a ways to Click the calendar item as done. This is feature that is in Ticktick with a cute sound that is addictive. But this is not a priority.

Best Wishes for Toodledo's Future!

Edit. If Toodledo changes the auto update to 1 min intervals will this affect the battery life of devices. Is this similar to email always going to search for new mail drains my device battery? Instead of just a Refresh Button or drop-down like Google calendar has on Android.

If Toodledo

This message was edited May 04, 2019.
boydston01

Posted: Jul 18, 2019
@Anant G.
Is the sync still supposed to be 15 minutes?
kkmoud

Posted: Aug 16, 2019
I can only synch one way given that I followed all their steps.

I create a task in my Toodledo app on Iphone and that shows up on my google calendar.

I create a task in my google calendar( I choose Toodleo calendar in gcal) and even after waiting for more than an hour, the new tasks do not show up in my Toodledo app on my iphone.

what am I not doing right?
boydston01

Posted: Aug 23, 2019
Posted by kkmoud:
I can only synch one way given that I followed all their steps.

I create a task in my Toodledo app on Iphone and that shows up on my google calendar.

I create a task in my google calendar( I choose Toodleo calendar in gcal) and even after waiting for more than an hour, the new tasks do not show up in my Toodledo app on my iphone.

what am I not doing right?
I submitted a ticket a month ago about changes from gcal not syncing back to toodledo—this sounds like the same issue. They verified the problem and said they are working on it. I have pretty much given up on the feature because, even if it works, it is supposed to be really slow.
jlzb

Posted: Oct 21, 2019
Two way sync continuously copies recurring tasks into my google calendar. (I disconnected two-way sync with five copies of a recurring task in my calendar.)

Is this a known bug? Am I doing something wrong?
coolexplorer

Posted: Nov 18, 2019
Two way Sync is a long time demand which has the potential to increase one productivity greately.
Currently there is only one way sync from TD to Goodle Calendar.

The Android App "Ultimate To Do" does two-way sync with Toodledo data, so it is possible.
Mark H

Posted: Nov 19, 2019
Posted by coolexplorer:
Two way Sync is a long time demand which has the potential to increase one productivity greately.
Currently there is only one way sync from TD to Goodle Calendar.

The Android App "Ultimate To Do" does two-way sync with Toodledo data, so it is possible.

Agreed. At least it works now from Toodledo to Google Calendar. Better than nothing. I tried adding some events on Google Calendar on the same calendar but it didn't sync back to TD.
boydston01

Posted: Dec 05, 2019
For me, this is too little, too late. I am bailing on Toodledo but I hope them the absolute best!
efraim

Posted: Mar 16, 2020
2 way sync stopped working for me

Here is the message I get when I try to authorize Toodledo

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

With a red warning triangle....

Google says that Toodledo developers do not comply with Google new Security requirements

Any answer for that???
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 17, 2020
Posted by efraim:
2 way sync stopped working for me

Here is the message I get when I try to authorize Toodledo

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app
This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.

With a red warning triangle....

Google says that Toodledo developers do not comply with Google new Security requirements

Any answer for that???

Yes we submitted our app for verification and we are currently waiting on them to complete the process.
oliver.wiesner

Posted: Mar 27, 2020
I came across this subject just recently by coincidence and this is awesome! The "Real Google Calendar Sync" is what I had been looking for for ages!

I also had the issue with the block from Google but since yesterday it worked.

Trying it out right now, it looks like just the tasks, that are being changed since I made the connection are being synced. The "older" tasks, which were in Toodledo before, are not (all) being synced.
Anant G.

Posted: Mar 30, 2020
Posted by oliver.wiesner:
I came across this subject just recently by coincidence and this is awesome! The "Real Google Calendar Sync" is what I had been looking for for ages!

I also had the issue with the block from Google but since yesterday it worked.

Trying it out right now, it looks like just the tasks, that are being changed since I made the connection are being synced. The "older" tasks, which were in Toodledo before, are not (all) being synced.

Can you please create a support ticket for this and our developers will look into it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.